Gump

52 W 22 Post Machine

I was recently given a 52 w 22 ,two needle singer machine. Does anyone know if any parts are available for these relics? I have tried everything online I could find, and no one has anything listed. I need a throat plate, tension assembly, bobbin shuttle and race, and bobbin case cover. It is currently at about 1/16" gauge, but if I could find a needle bar and throat plate and dogs for 1/4" gauge, I would change it over. If anyone has a junker, I would be interested in most of the drive parts. Gump

As I´m on the other side of the pond I always check Evilbay first and most of the times I have luck:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=&_osacat=13956&_mdo=Collectibles&_pcats=1&_armrs=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsinger+52W&_nkw=singer+52W&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Some parts are available trough College Sewing UK

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/catalog/search.aspx?keywords=52w

The tension unit seems to be the standard tension unit you find on Singer 111w series and clones as well.

Or ask some of the known dealers who have banner on the top of the forum

Thanks for the links, when I checked College sewing, nothing came up, but your search did show some parts. I think I will have to see if 111w or 153w parts will fit, as I have both machines. The tension assembly for a 112 should fit and has dual tension disc set ups. The bobbin case has a bobbin cover with the tension spring on it, and takes a crowned bobbin. The hook is a 203802 and the replacement hooks are 203803 and 203804, but look the same except they take 111w style bobbin cases and bobbins. Gump.

I would be interested in purchasing this machine from you. I have a 52w19 with 3/16 spacing and I want one that is narrower too like yours.

Carson.

Well Carson, I have to get the rest of the parts and see if it works before I decide what to do with it. The timing is good and it turns over freely but I have not run it yet, so I don't know if there are any glitches. I will keep you in mind, but I live in Nova Scotia, so freight would be dear. Gump.

I've had parts from college, and some have been wrong size to fitting, even though specific for the machine, had to rework and shim them to fit..... otherwise good service and products though

Al

Search by the part numbers you need.

http://www.parts.singerco.com/IPpartCharts/52W21_22.pdf

Sometimes there are modern machines that use similar parts but the numbers are not the same.