Sign in to follow this  
Rock76

Round Edge Beveler

Well, I've finally decided to upgrade from the Tandy edge beveler. I'm really leaning toward Jeremiah Watt's round edge beveler- http://www.ranch2arena.com/hsbtrndedger.html

It looks a little different, and having never seen it in person I was wondering if it is used the same way as the ones from tandy?- http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/search/...w=Edge+Bevelers

Thanks!

Edited by Rock76

Yeah, you push them just like a Tandy. Barry King and Ron Edmonds make similar ones too, and old ones were made by a few companies. Unlike the Tandy, these sharpen and strop very easily, will do pretty tight inside curves, won't chatter as much, and will cut a rounded corner rather than a flat bevel.

Yeah, you push them just like a Tandy. Barry King and Ron Edmonds make similar ones too, and old ones were made by a few companies. Unlike the Tandy, these sharpen and strop very easily, will do pretty tight inside curves, won't chatter as much, and will cut a rounded corner rather than a flat bevel.

Thanks Bruce. That's what I wanted to hear! Time to take the plunge.

Best Regards,

Adam

Ok, I'm getting ready to place an order for Jeremiah Watt's round edge beveler and I read that the sizing #'s don't always mesh up between manufacturers. Any idea what Jeremiah's approximate equivelant is to Tandy's #3?

Thanks again.

-Adam

Jeremiah's edgers tend to run larger by number than most anybody else's. I would figure that a #1 would be pretty equivalent. That is the size I use the most for general work. Other than skirts and doubled reins, I mostly use the 3 and 4 for trimming rather than straight edging.

Jeremiah's edgers tend to run larger by number than most anybody else's. I would figure that a #1 would be pretty equivalent. That is the size I use the most for general work. Other than skirts and doubled reins, I mostly use the 3 and 4 for trimming rather than straight edging.

Thanks again Bruce, I appreciate the help. I'll try the #1.

Best Regards,

Adam