Cherokee55

What/Where do I get it?

This was made for me 45/50 some odd years ago. I know the liner came in different colors (my brothers was green) and patterns, just don't know if it's even still around/made. Of course I'm asking about the red liner, but decided to add the pics of the whole album. And yes :blush: I noticed it desperately needs some cleaning up.

Janet

liner.jpgfront.jpgback.jpg

post-5683-1202843156_thumb.jpg

post-5683-1202843370_thumb.jpg

post-5683-1202843418_thumb.jpg

Janet,

It looks to me to be pigskin or an embossed pig pattern on cowhide. Some of the places that stock topgrain pig in colors for garments could help you out. Not sure what TLF carries, but places like HideHouse could be a source too.

This was made for me 45/50 some odd years ago. I know the liner came in different colors (my brothers was green) and patterns, just don't know if it's even still around/made. Of course I'm asking about the red liner, but decided to add the pics of the whole album. And yes :blush: I noticed it desperately needs some cleaning up.

Janet

liner.jpgfront.jpgback.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________-

that Red lining leather was refered to as" PICCA PIG", it was i think an embossed sheepskin.

I do have some black.....

Thanks ya'll,

I think :) I want to start working on a purse and Dad used this stuff to line the ones he made. All I know is it feels thin and is embossed and is old. Not that I'm old or anything. I kinda like it but if ya'll have anyother suggestions let me know.

Janet

My grandfather did some leather work about the time you say that was made, and I know he used the same stuff to line purses and things like that. There were a few small pieces in some of the stuff of his that I have. I also got a piece of green in a box of stuff from an auction a couple years ago that was probably also that old. It's only about one square foot. I kinda thought like Bruce that it might be embossed pig skin, but it doesn't really feel like pig. Luke is probably right about it being lamb.

In either this month's or last month's Tandy sale flyer, this same kind of pattern was featured in their sale leather stuff, front page. I can't find it online, but if you e-mailed them and asked, they might be able to locate some.

Brent

Thanks for the input. I probably like it 'cause it's the only stuff I have seen and "Daddy used it" :). Will check Tandy out for sure.

What else do folks use to line purses with?

Janet