wlg190861

How To Do This Type Of Braid

How do I go about this type of braid ?

post-39507-0-73995200-1395611788_thumb.j

that is a "mystery braid" if you google it you should find some instructions for it.

Edited by LTC

It's a mystery alright. I know how to do the three strand and the five strand mystery braid but, the one in the picture is neither one of them. Hmmm! I'm stumped

Edited by wlg190861

theres tutorials for a lot of different types of mystery braids online.

I don't find that one. Do you know the type of mystery braid it is ?

it looks like the one in Grant's book on page 51.

It's called a night latch. You make three slits in your leather (or 15 if you want, depending on how long you want it to continue) and pull the long end of the leather through the first slit and going through on the same side on all of them, do the same on 2 and 3. It shows both sides of the leather that way. Cheryl

I don't get it. is there a tutorial somwhere

Do a search for night latch in the braiding section and you may try utube

nothing

can someone that knows how to do this draw a template or something showing how it is done. I have

been trying all afternoon and can't get it

HELP

I think that is what I am looking for but it is to fast and the guy explains nothing. is this, in one of the braiding books ? Why do a video if you don't take time to explain ? Too me he is just gloating, not teaching.

it's in Bruce Grant's encyclopedia on page 51. i think i posted that before but no one wanted to pay any attention to that. he doesn't call it a "night latch" and i've never seen it called that anywhere else either.

if you don't wanna buy his book that shows how to do this maybe you should see if your local library has it or can get it.

and before you ask, i don't have a scanner so i cannot scan it in and post it for you sorry.

i was just gonna let yall keep on calling it a "night latch" whatever that is. :)

it's in Bruce Grant's encyclopedia on page 51. i think i posted that before but no one wanted to pay any attention to that. he doesn't call it a "night latch" and i've never seen it called that anywhere else either.

if you don't wanna buy his book that shows how to do this maybe you should see if your local library has it or can get it.

Actually, Page 51 is a regular split braid. The Night Latch braid is different. With the split braid, you just cut slits and weave then back and forth between the 2 strands.

On a night latch, you have to pull the end of the strap through the slits and make the 2 sides of the slit rotate. Grant's Encyclopedia, Page 27, Photo 4 shows what I'm referring to... You do it once or maybe twice per slit depending what you are doing and then weave them together.

I know it's hard to visualize. I couldn't find any photos of step by steps.

Tom

the split braid was the one asked about in the first post which is why i posted it but y'all go on ahead i'm done bye bye. :)