mliebs8

Quick question about leather

I ordered from Wickett and Craig and was very happy with my order. I just order 3 more pieces and it arrived today and the leather is less than desirable. The first order basically looked like two strips about 3 feet high and 6-7 feet long, the new order looks like the entire cow minus the head and tail. When I lay this stuff out it's basically the entire side of the cow including parts of the leg, and some of the surface is rough while some of the back is rough also. This is drum dyed by the way. Does anyone know what the difference is in the two? When I first unrolled it out the pieces looked like the United States.

Sounds like the first order was backs and the second order was sides. Lots of places if you want backs you have to say so or they will send sides. Kevin

Kevin,

After looking at it again your 100% correct (I looked at it after I read your post). I ordered the same thing as last time but oh well, I'm sure it was my mistake due to my lack of experience. Thanks for the reply it's greatly apprecaited.