Sign in to follow this  
mlapaglia

Finally My First Belt Is Done And Ready To Deliver

I made my first belt. 8/9 oz Hermann Oak. I cut the blank at 72 inches from a back. By the time it was fitted and finished it was 60" Should have been 56" but the customer, My Son, wanted a longer billet.

Tooled, dyed with Fiebings Tan, 2 layers resolene as a resist, Eco-Flo Dark Chocolate Brown as the antique. Finished with another coat of resolene. Stitched by Dwight from our own leatherworker.net. He did am amazing job on a Boss. Until I can afford to buy one his prices are hard to beat for outside sewing work. He was also fast. It arrived on a Wednesday and was shipped Friday.

I was impressed how much the stitching improved the look of the whole belt.

Compliment or Critique as you wish. Its the first one I'm really proud of. Yes it still needs some practice but its nice to see I'm finally starting to get there.

(Why is it that my Son the professional photographer is never home when I need pictures of something ?)

Michael

post-22515-064782700 1322951202_thumb.jp

post-22515-003797600 1322951204_thumb.jp

post-22515-081189700 1322951205_thumb.jp

Edited by mlapaglia

The belt looks really nice... The photos turned out good too. Nice and clear and the right size. Couches come in handy!:thumbsup: