McJeep

No Red 277 Poly Thread ?

So I know what I "want" to do for a new fender bib on my bike and would like to add some colour to the piece by using red thread. Can't seem to find much red poly at all, let alone in 277. I'd like the stitching to "pop" - Found 207 poly here http://www.thethreadexchange.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=TTE&Category_Code=polyester-thread-size-207 in scarlet.

Will 207 thread be thick enough to show off the stitching anywhere near as much as the 277 will? Or should I just give up the pop factor and go with the ole standard ... black.

Advice or pointers to suppliers much appreciated :)

Rob

Thanks fer the link - can't seem to find anything but embroidery thread on their site tho - am finding that a lot on different thread sites :0/ Still searching

Weaver sells a red in 277 nylon if that will work. The color choices are a lot more limited with poly.

Yeah, I've sure noticed the limitation via hours of internet searching :0/ The main reason I was planning on poly was for the extra uv protection being as this is for a motorcycle gear application - starting to wonder if I'll have to go with nylon to get the look I want - Is poly THAT much better than nylon? Or will nylon do me for the fender bib etc?

Opinions on the life expectancy of nylon thread for high uv exposure folks??

Thanks Bruce :)

Weaver sells a red in 277 nylon if that will work. The color choices are a lot more limited with poly.

OKAY!! Found red poly, albeit not as thick as I wanted but will try it - 207 will have to do. Also picked up some 207 black and 277 black.

KUDOS to "The Thread Exchange!"

I just got off the phone with a very very helpful young lad - picked up my thread at about 2/3 of what it cost up here in Canuckia, and managed to get 2 day shipping. Should be in my hands on Tuesday so I can do final assembly of a project in time for a bike rally on Thursday! This place had the best selection of anything I could find on my searches by far.

Happy Rob :)

262026_201965066517671_196182280429283_521566_860200_n.jpg

there is not much difference in Nylon and Poly these days....But if used on out door scooters you need to wax, oil or Lexol the piece every now and then....all my scooter stuff I make is in Nylon...never had a problem if taken care of now anfd then!!

The thread exchange is the BEST place period!!!

Greetings

James

Glad to hear that nylon is acceptable from someone who uses it on outdoor stuff - I was err'ing on the cautious side I guess - this news should open up more colours on the palette for me ;0)

Thanks much

Rob

Glad to hear that nylon is acceptable from someone who uses it on outdoor stuff - I was err'ing on the cautious side I guess - this news should open up more colours on the palette for me ;0)

Thanks much

Rob

Texas thread company has red Poly with several treatments available and the very best thread I have ever used PERIOD! they are in Houston and very nice people to do business with. Hope this helps. Ken

Will look into them - thanks for the heads up :)