mystrwizard

Age Of Adler 267 For Sale?

Ive seen an Adler 267 on sale and was wondering about it, and if by the serial number you can tell the age? It is an Adler 267 GK-373 #17485.

And how are these machines for canvas, shade cloth, etc.

Thanks!

Reese

Hi Reese,

First of all Adler and Dürkopp became Dürkopp Adler around 1990. The class 267 was made by Adler before and after the merge, all machines sold after 1990 has Dürkopp Adler decals. Then the color can tell you about the age; early Grey/black, later silver and new white. There also a change in production after 2003, after 2003 the 267 is made in China. I comes in two subclasses -373 one needle and -273 two needle and color is white. The subclass Gk-373 tells me it probably an early Grey model. If this does not help you tell the age you can ask Thomas Brinkhoff, head of spare-parts Dürkopp Adler in his blog; http://sew24.blogspot.no/p/downloads.html

A picture will also help. I have a 267 -373 with Efka dc 1600, I am very happy with it. Simple, straight forward versatile machine with triple feed, with the Efka motor it is a dream to use. It will work well for canvas, nylon , leather etc. Mine sews up to 11 to 12 mm thick and thread TKT 11/3 down to TKT 60 (Nm, polyester and braided polyester)

I hope this helps.

Trox

Good information, Trox! One thing..the 267-373 is no longer being sold by DA. This has been the case for some time now. The Chinese 267-373 machines were not too bad at all.

Thanks Greg, Thats true it is not avaiable here in Norway anymore. However, I see that Weaver still sell them new and some other US dealers as well. I guess they still have some left in stock.