jbird

ARE THESE ANY BETTER

Howdy My fellow

leatherworkers are these photos any better looking.

Tina Kate what do you think

Josh

Cuff_dollar_1.1.jpg

Cufff_ph_to_1.jpg

post-6549-1240596119_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1240596128_thumb.jpg

Way better, Josh. Okay, now just zoom in a little more (try to get the subject to fill more of the frame), increase the exposure a little more, and the one on the left needs a little softer shadow.

Kate

Much Better Josh:-)

Now when you start working with layers, it is going to be much easier. A small tip: Decide before you start how the shaddow will fall in the picture, ie; from which direction is the light coming from, this will help to make the picture look more proffecional overall.

I played around again with your picture...This is what you soon can make (rather easy in Photoshop) Just to give you some ideas:-)

Cuff_2.jpg

post-5624-1240598687_thumb.jpg

Oh cool thats way neat

Josh

Much Better Josh:-)

Now when you start working with layers, it is going to be much easier. A small tip: Decide before you start how the shaddow will fall in the picture, ie; from which direction is the light coming from, this will help to make the picture look more proffecional overall.

I played around again with your picture...This is what you soon can make (rather easy in Photoshop) Just to give you some ideas:-)

Well, I think Tina pretty much explained it, but I was gonna suggest having a shaded background so the image isn't so stark. Instead I'll just say :17:

Ok and this.

Josh

Knife_m1.1.2.jpg

post-6549-1240613472_thumb.jpg

Josh...

:thumbsdown:

The first pix are underexposed. The Spike Knife is overexposed on the blade face. You need to get some proper lighting to take your product PIX. Ask a friend who is a photographer to help you. Get some background paper and use a spot meter to measure the light. These PIX are worth a lot of money so don't skimp on them. Get help.

Your work is quite good and marketable but you have to show it in its best light... figuratively and literally. Not tryin to be down on ya but the PIX are critical for Internet marketing.

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana:

Thanks bree

yes I know I need a light box bad working on it soon I hope.

Josh

Josh...

:thumbsdown:

The first pix are underexposed. The Spike Knife is overexposed on the blade face. You need to get some proper lighting to take your product PIX. Ask a friend who is a photographer to help you. Get some background paper and use a spot meter to measure the light. These PIX are worth a lot of money so don't skimp on them. Get help.

Your work is quite good and marketable but you have to show it in its best light... figuratively and literally. Not tryin to be down on ya but the PIX are critical for Internet marketing.

Thanks bree

yes I know I need a light box bad working on it soon I hope.

Josh

What you need is indirect lighting that is soft and natural. Try taking a background paper outside on a partly cloudy day when the sun is in cloud. You will get nice clean light but no specular reflections or washout. Try to meter on something that is about 20% grey and is at exactly the same distance from the lens as the piece being photographed. That should give you a good camera setting.

When you meter on black (or white), the camera gets tricked. It is programmed to think that an average scene is about 20% grey. But black is 90-100% grey... so the camera incorrectly calculates the exposure. You have to kind of "help" the camera get it right.

A good thing to do is to "bracket" the shot and take PIX that are both over and underexposed relative to the inital setting. Just in case you got it wrong maybe the bracketed shots will get it right.

Josh, setting up a light box will be way easier than trying to shoot outdoors. Then you control the lighting conditions, not mother nature, and you can shoot any time.

As for the exposure, Bree is right about a light background causing backlighting, resulting in an underexposed subject. But correcting for it is not rocket science, once you know what to look for. Once you get your light box, we can talk about that more in depth.

By the way, what kind of camera do you have?

Kate

Hi Josh,

another thing is to make sure you don't have to much "dead space". I changed you last picture a wee bit, moved the two items closer together and croped away some background that did not fill any purpose, maybe just slightly to much cropping but you will get it after playing around some more:-)

Knife_m1_1_2.jpg

post-5624-1240631077_thumb.jpg

Thanks Kate sounds good

My camera is lacking its a Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ3

Josh

Josh, setting up a light box will be way easier than trying to shoot outdoors. Then you control the lighting conditions, not mother nature, and you can shoot any time.

As for the exposure, Bree is right about a light background causing backlighting, resulting in an underexposed subject. But correcting for it is not rocket science, once you know what to look for. Once you get your light box, we can talk about that more in depth.

By the way, what kind of camera do you have?

Kate

Wow Tina

I am printing this out its priceless

Josh

Hi Josh,

another thing is to make sure you don't have to much "dead space". I changed you last picture a wee bit, moved the two items closer together and croped away some background that did not fill any purpose, maybe just slightly to much cropping but you will get it after playing around some more:-)

Cool knife!

I want to play too!

railroad_knife.jpg

railroad_knife.jpg

post-6346-1240855414_thumb.jpg

post-6346-1240855535_thumb.jpg

Edited by dickf

Wow I like it what did you do to it

Josh

Cool knife!

I want to play too!

railroad_knife.jpg