Nuttish

Best Quality Brass And Nickel Zippers

Anyone know which brands of zippers luxury handbag makers like Hermes, LV, Gucci, Tods, Celine, etc. use on their pieces?

I'm also looking for a source of custom pulls.

Thanks in advance.

Anyone know which brands of zippers luxury handbag makers like Hermes, LV, Gucci, Tods, Celine, etc. use on their pieces?

I was told sometime ago that Hermes use to make their own zippers but now have them custom made by a company in Italy. I have two Hermes bags and the zipper has RIRI on it. Research lead me to this company RIRI Group. My mother has a Hermes Birkin Bag and that one has the name ECLAIR on it.

I have the LV luggage set and the zipper just has LV embossed on it so I couldn't say who makes it or if it was made in house. My guess custom job in-house.

Here is my take on this. Most hardware on high end brands are custom made specifically for the item being created. When they sit down to design an item, they also design the zipper that will be used all the way down to the color of the zipper tape and the polish being used on the metal teeth. If you notice, the zipper tape and the color of the leather bag are a spot on match. That is because they are custom designed that way.

I couldn't say who has the best quality brass or metal zipper, but YKK has never failed me.

Good luck in your search!

Karina

Ahh. Moms are a great resource. Mine doesn't have a Kelly or Birkin :-)

Knowing of the Eclaire mark helped me find eBay, so thanks much for the info.

Older Hermes Kelly and Louis Vuitton handbag zippers were apparently marked Eclaire. LV also used Talon. Apparently Eclaire is still around and offers a huge array of colors. http://www.eclair-prym.eu/uploads/pdf/EP-colourcard.pdf

I sincerely doubt I can purchase in great enough quantities for Eclaire to even talk to me but I believe Talon sells to consumers.

Thanks for the info, Veedub.

Most high qualy sacs use chaine from YKK . You must order the type with polished teeth . Also , YKK makes double chaine with polished teeth . Be prepared to pay the price

I buy brass teeth zips direct from YKK, but Buckle Guy sells riri.

I would go with RIRI if you are looking for a high end zipper. They are of the highest quality and are readily available from buckguy and pacific trimming.

Dior and many others use Lampo, extremely high quality and made in italy.

I have been using Lampo from botanitrim.com. They aren't as expensive as riri. Also, there is a USA supplier ..ucan zippers. They have a 25 yard minimum or 100 piece minimum. Very reasonable pricing.  I will be buying only from them once I can afford to buy in bulk. They sent me a sample and I liked it better than riri and lampo. My contact is Ross Tallguy his email is tgtrims@ gmail.com #310-428-8138. If you contact him please tell him Jeannie Henderson referred you!

Edited by JeannieH