Murf

Help With Motorcycle Pan Seat Lacing

I am getting ready to tool a seat for my dad's custom Harley and i have all the concepts down for the seat except the lacing. The seat will be a slight rolled pan with foam, then the tooled top section that will be laid onto the bottom section that covers the whole bottom with holes for the seat mounts.So basically he wants the seat pan sandwiched between 2 sections of leather then braid laced around the edge covering the edges of the leather. Ive seen several seats done this way but i dont know what kind of lace to use (round or flat). Also im not sure if i should use a thronging chisel or dremel out small holes, should i cement the sections together around the edges with the seat pan in it then lace it?. any ideas are welcome and any links to laces from tandy with sizes. thanks, Murf

head down to the "motorcycles and biker gear" sub forum and there are several pinned tutorials right at the top of the page.

The top one from David (latest step by step seat build) is a really good one that should answer a lot of your questions. Read through the whole thing and let us know if you have any more questions

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showforum=63

Ok thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Also thanks for some of your post in the past about dye. Really helped me out.

Ok thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Also thanks for some of your post in the past about dye. Really helped me out.

No problems!! :)

I try to help out as much as possible. Nearly every bit of information I have came from these pages somewhere. Sometimes it's just hard to track it all down.