lhbpires

Help Needed With A Knot

Hi. Can someone help me with the knot on the photo? I think this is the cowboy knot, but I still have some kind of dificult when I try to make it. If possible some kind of tutorial will help alot.

Thanks.cabecada-1-orelha-em-couro-c-charroas-de-inervo-rodeo-west-10858-fec828.jpg

post-10388-0-67485900-1393339329_thumb.j

Edited by lhbpires

What photo?

now i have posted the picture. sorry.

Long pineapple with an interweave. More or less the same as a nose button on a bosal. One that long I'd use the multiple string method but it can be done with one long string too. Go look at Alan Bells bosal tutorial it is sticky at the top of the sub forum.

He starts the knot in the third post of the tutorial: http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4067

Thanks, I´ll take a look at it.

@ megabit you have some mad skills. Can you explain the difference between a PK and a casa? It has always confused me. Then you start tossing in different types and its WTF?

@ megabit you have some mad skills. Can you explain the difference between a PK and a casa? It has always confused me. Then you start tossing in different types and its WTF?

As I recall the turkshead that servers as the base for the pinapple or gaucho is sometimes called a casa or home knot. This is because you first tie it and then tie an interweaved knot to make a new fancier knot.

Robert Wooley explains the different type of PK in his book "Braiding Rawhide Horse Tack" http://www.ubraidit.com/supplies-detail.php?item=33

I understand Tom Hall goes into great detail on this but I don't have any of his books.

Off the top of my head a Type one is the standard PK where the interweave stays inside the casa/base knot.

Type two the interweave extends outside the casa on one side (top when I do it).

Type three the interweave extends outside the casa on both sides (top and bottom). I can tie type 1 and 2 no problem but mostly need instructions to keep from getting lost with type 3.

I like the type 2 if I need a knot to close up tighter on one end. The part that extends beyond the casa helps it close up smaller in my experience.