carr52

edge burnisher

I feel sure I'm not the first to think of this but thought I'd post it just in case. I found a nylon bushing with a 1/8" hole in it stuck in a screw and put it on my dremel. I used a chain saw file to make the grooves. Just turned it on and held the file in place till it got deep enough to suit me. It's kinda small but i couldn't find any bigger bushings. I did come across some sliding door rollers. Gonna try them next. They already have the groove. I just tried it out and it works great.

Tom

IMG_0076.JPG

post-6291-1226511262_thumb.jpg

Looks good Tom!

I have been eyeing my dremel case trying to spot anything layign around the garage that might work as an edge slicker/burnisher...

May have to take a visit to the hardware store and wander around to see what I can spot there...

Let us know how it works!

William

I feel sure I'm not the first to think of this but thought I'd post it just in case. I found a nylon bushing with a 1/8" hole in it stuck in a screw and put it on my dremel. I used a chain saw file to make the grooves. Just turned it on and held the file in place till it got deep enough to suit me. It's kinda small but i couldn't find any bigger bushings. I did come across some sliding door rollers. Gonna try them next. They already have the groove. I just tried it out and it works great.

Tom

PIX???

:red_bandana::red_bandana::red_bandana: