hidepounder

Full Size Organizer

Finially finished! Here are some pix of the finished Organizer. It is an award for the American Rope Horse Futurity being held in OKC this weekend.

This is a full sized organizer and I used a Chaylor-Fenneli interior which worked out very well. (for some reason the zipper appears pink in the photo....but really it's tan). Chaylor-Fenneli makes a nice product and using their inserts saves me alot of time and effort as oppossed to me making the interiors from scratch.

The exterior is 6/7 oz HO. The edges were skived and turned over the insert and then stitched....138/99 @ 7spi. This could have been made with one solid piece of leather, but I like using three pieces which are much easier to get out of a side and easier to manage when tooling. I also think the scalloped binding adds a little pazazz. I split the exterior binder down to about 4 oz and then added a stiffener and a piece of 8 oz leather to the inside to give it more body. This method requires a couple of more steps but ends up working out better than utilizing a heavier piece of leather for the binder and then creating grooves for the folds.

I drew this pattern and did some experimenting with flowers. The finish is a light brown antique over a Neat-Lac resist with a Neat-Lac final sealer. Let me know what you think.....I'm pretty thick skinned! B)

Bob

09_ARHFA001__L_.jpg09_ARHFA003__L_.jpg

09_ARHFA005__L_.jpg09_ARHFA010__L_.jpg

post-7682-1243635745_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1243635763_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1243635804_thumb.jpg

post-7682-1243635817_thumb.jpg

Edited by hidepounder

Extremely well done. I like the scalloped look too. The carving and the pattern are top notch. You are a great tallent and I learn alot just studying your work. I also like using the Chaylor-Fenneli products. I think they are the best out there for pre-made interiors.

Thanks for sharing.

Doug

Bob,

Awesome job! :notworthy:

Maybe one of these days I will learn to draw flowers as good as you.

Johnny

Bob

WOW :You_Rock_Emoticon: That's realllly nice more like great! I look at your work and it makes me strive harder and harder to make my work look better. I like the way you put your flowers in and the vine work around them. The way you do the bindings and the edges every thing about it looks great. The backs a little plan for you but that just my opinion :notworthy: .

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Mark

Hey Hidepounder, I'm gonna get dehydrated from all the drooling I've been doing looking at your work.

I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall, and watch you work....

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Man......as the younger generation would say "That's phat" or perhaps "That is a sick organizer". At any rate, it's friggin' gorgeous. I'd love to be able to do that in my lifetime. Seeing your stuff sometimes makes me want to try harder, other times, it makes me want to hang myself. You do incredible work.

always easy on the eyes bob!!

darryl :cheers:

Not good at all very bad Bob you have droped the

Ball big time I mean no gadgets like warp drive or a built in calculater or motorized opening goodness me try harder Man LOL

Ok I mean it's just out of the Park I mean it's like looking at a sun set in a national PARK

No it's like when you get a perfect ok I am done, I am having a ball.

By the way nice edges.LOL

Josh

As usual that looks oustanding.

Ofcourse questions for ya. Those liners can you dye them and what not?

That is a lovely piece of work, Bob. The final owner will definitely have something to be proud of.

Ray

Hi Bob

you've got that whole thing going on! I'm glad I got to see your work.

Very Very nice bob as usual. I need to try the three peice method one of these days and maybe I could reach about 164th of the look that you acheive.

Good job.

Tim

As Always,,,, Outstanding!!!

Wow!!!!!

Your work is truly an inspiration to us all. Only a few will ever reach the heights to which you have risen but it gives us all something to aspire too. I believe that your day as an Al Stohlman Award for Achievement winner is on it's way.

For all of you who have not had the pleasure of metting Bob Parks in person he is truly a nice guy and a class act beyond his leathercrafting abilities. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Wickenberg this year when he dropped into an Al Gould Class and shared some of his experience with us (as he is always willing to do on this forum).

Thanks Bob

Richard

Hi Richard,

It's nice to hear from you....I don't know what to say after all that kindness, except THANK YOU!......and.....where do I send the check? :lol: I'm sure you were as excited as I was to learn that Al won the Stohlman award! Very deserving!

Wow!!!!!

Your work is truly an inspiration to us all. Only a few will ever reach the heights to which you have risen but it gives us all something to aspire too. I believe that your day as an Al Stohlman Award for Achievement winner is on it's way.

For all of you who have not had the pleasure of metting Bob Parks in person he is truly a nice guy and a class act beyond his leathercrafting abilities. I had the pleasure of meeting him at Wickenberg this year when he dropped into an Al Gould Class and shared some of his experience with us (as he is always willing to do on this forum).

Thanks Bob

Richard

Not good at all very bad Bob you have droped the

Ball big time I mean no gadgets like warp drive or a built in calculater or motorized opening goodness me try harder Man LOL

Ok I mean it's just out of the Park I mean it's like looking at a sun set in a national PARK

No it's like when you get a perfect ok I am done, I am having a ball.

By the way nice edges.LOL

Josh

:NEWFUNNYPOST: Thanks Josh....it was nice not to have to edges for a change.... :lol:

Bob

Extremely well done. I like the scalloped look too. The carving and the pattern are top notch. You are a great tallent and I learn alot just studying your work. I also like using the Chaylor-Fenneli products. I think they are the best out there for pre-made interiors.

Thanks for sharing.

Doug

Bob,

Awesome job! :notworthy:

Maybe one of these days I will learn to draw flowers as good as you.

Johnny

Thanks, Doug and Johnny...I appreciate your comments!

Bob

Bob

WOW :You_Rock_Emoticon: That's realllly nice more like great! I look at your work and it makes me strive harder and harder to make my work look better. I like the way you put your flowers in and the vine work around them. The way you do the bindings and the edges every thing about it looks great. The backs a little plan for you but that just my opinion :notworthy: .

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

Mark

Thanks Mark...and you're right it was a little plain....it was a donation to a good roping friend of mine who puts on that event, and I took too much time on the front so the back was a little weak.

Bob

Hey Hidepounder, I'm gonna get dehydrated from all the drooling I've been doing looking at your work.

I'd sure like to be a fly on the wall, and watch you work....

:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Very nice!!!!!

Regards,

Ben

Thanks Hilly and Ben...I really appreciate your kindness and support!

Bob

Man......as the younger generation would say "That's phat" or perhaps "That is a sick organizer". At any rate, it's friggin' gorgeous. I'd love to be able to do that in my lifetime. Seeing your stuff sometimes makes me want to try harder, other times, it makes me want to hang myself. You do incredible work.
always easy on the eyes bob!!

darryl :cheers:

That is a lovely piece of work, Bob. The final owner will definitely have something to be proud of.

Ray

Very Very nice bob as usual. I need to try the three peice method one of these days and maybe I could reach about 164th of the look that you acheive.

Good job.

Tim

As Always,,,, Outstanding!!!

Thanks to all of you....your support and compliments are trully appreciated!

Bob

As usual that looks oustanding.

Ofcourse questions for ya. Those liners can you dye them and what not?

Ihave never tried, but I don't think so....they are finished and sealed.....stripping a finish and then re-coloring, scares me.

Bob

Where do you buy the liners from. Is it a kit or do you buy each piece? oh and what are you using for a stiffener, if you dont mind sharing? Thanks for all of your wonderful work.

Edited by Tkleather1

Where do you buy the liners from. Is it a kit or do you buy each piece? oh and what are you using for a stiffener, if you dont mind sharing? Thanks for all of your wonderful work.

Tim,

The inserts are made by Chaylor-Fenneli and are completely assembled and ready to use. They offer several different sizes and styles.

The material I use for stiffeners is High Impact Styrene....it comes in sheets and is available through wholesale plastics suppliers. I use .040 and .060. It really great for making pattern templates, also.

Bob

Tim,

The inserts are made by Chaylor-Fenneli and are completely assembled and ready to use. They offer several different sizes and styles.

The material I use for stiffeners is High Impact Styrene....it comes in sheets and is available through wholesale plastics suppliers. I use .040 and .060. It really great for making pattern templates, also.

Bob

Thank you very much kind sir.

Bob,

the inserts you use from Chaylor- Fenneli can i get them here i the US? or do you get them from Australia? if so what is the shipping or any other cost like to get them here from Australia? do they have a amount that you have to buy for export?. what about their moneys our moneys how does that work? i really like the look off their inserts.. thanks again for any help or info you can share..

Curt

I have not used those inserts but I buy from them all the time they have a supplyhouse in arizona and it comes from there if you are in the US also they had a $200 minamum order but they are now opening up thing for retail type sales I can't think of the owners name but nice guy and works with people so any way that's the scoop the best I know,

The owner was in arizona but is headed back to the land down under this week not sure when he will be back, but he has people working the orders for him

Josh

Edited by jbird

Bob,

the inserts you use from Chaylor- Fenneli can i get them here i the US? or do you get them from Australia? if so what is the shipping or any other cost like to get them here from Australia? do they have a amount that you have to buy for export?. what about their moneys our moneys how does that work? i really like the look off their inserts.. thanks again for any help or info you can share..

They are available here in the states.

For retail :

Hitchng Post Supply,10312 210th St SE,

Snohomish, WA 98296.

Order toll free

800-689-9971, vickie@hitchingpostsupply.com

Wholesale:

Wholesale orders exceeding $200 at Phoenix, AZ, warehouse, 602-264-4225.

http://chaylor.com/