Rusty

Hello To All

I've just this evening been accepted as a member to this forum, and I appreciate being here.

As a way of introducing myself, I thought I'd try to post some photos of some of my work. This first one is The Lord's Supper, measures 18 x 36, and, due to a touch of arthritis in my hands and eyesight that seems to have took a turn for the worse as I've gotten older, it took me the better part of two months to complete. 'Course, I reckon all that fine detail, and dying everything with a bristle brush might have been contributing factors to the length of time.

I have to apologize for the quality of the photo - it was taken with a flash camera, and I've got glare, but I think you can get a general idea of what it looks like. If it shows up okay, I've a few others I'd like to share with y'all.

Rusty

The_LORD__S_SUPPER__18x36_.jpg

post-5878-1202184285_thumb.jpg

Rusty

Welcome to the forum. You do some nice work. I'm directly north of Chicago, just south of the chedder curtin. Post some more of your work. The guys and gals on this forum thrive on photos.

Randy

Rusty, Welcome to the Forum. Nicely done on the Last Supper.

Welcome to the forum Rusty.

Thank you for the welcomes and the compliments- I feel comfortable here amongst folks who share a passion for leathercraft, and, although I've been beating on one piece of leather or another for a number of years, I am always open to trying something new, and I surely enjoy looking at the work other members have posted. Y'all do some fantastic work.

Randy, I'm located about 300 miles south of Chicago - 'bout 100 miles southeast of St. Louis, MO.

Rusty

Welcome to the forum Rusty, Don

Thank you for the welcomes and the compliments- I feel comfortable here amongst folks who share a passion for leathercraft, and, although I've been beating on one piece of leather or another for a number of years, I am always open to trying something new, and I surely enjoy looking at the work other members have posted. Y'all do some fantastic work.

Randy, I'm located about 300 miles south of Chicago - 'bout 100 miles southeast of St. Louis, MO.

Rusty

welcome rusty.and how far from kentucky? or either Metropolis Ill.

welcome rusty.and how far from kentucky? or either Metropolis Ill.

Luke, I'm right at 40 miles near 'bout due north of Metropolis (McLeansboro,IL) - boast a population of around 2,000 - kind of place where you can leave your door unlocked when you leave, and everything will still be there when you get back, or leave your keys in the car when you go into the store, and not worry about it being there when you return - not a real exciting place, but real comfortable.

Rusty

Rusty, welcome to the forum. Nice looking work, looking forward to seeing more. I was raised around Thompsonville and Harrisburg. I live in Arkansas now, though.

Rusty, welcome to the forum. Nice looking work, looking forward to seeing more. I was raised around Thompsonville and Harrisburg. I live in Arkansas now, though.

I'm familiar with both places Grumpy - born and raised in this area, joined the Marine Corps back in '65, stayed gone for quite a few years, but I'm back home now. Odd how we, as young folks, can't wait to leave our hometown, and, as we age, we begin to long for a return to it.

Rusty

I'm familiar with both places Grumpy - born and raised in this area, joined the Marine Corps back in '65, stayed gone for quite a few years, but I'm back home now. Odd how we, as young folks, can't wait to leave our hometown, and, as we age, we begin to long for a return to it.Rusty

Ain't that the truth. Are there any saddle shops or tack repair guys around there? I might want to go visit next time I come back home.

Ain't that the truth. Are there any saddle shops or tack repair guys around there? I might want to go visit next time I come back home.

Grumpy - I know there is one old boy in Mount Vernon that works strictly on saddles and tack, and I've heard there is a shop in the Amish Settlement outside of Opdyke. Other than those two......??

And, I can't really tell you anything about either one of the ones I mentioned - I haven't been to either place - got three Purple Hearts in Vietnam, and I'm a mite stove up, so I don't drive.

Looks like there ought be some shops south of here though - lots of horses and saddle clubs located throughout southern Illinois.

Rusty

I happened upon this thread today. I was born & raised in Eldorado, and my dad now lives in McLeansboro. Just spent the Memorial weekend in the area.