Sign in to follow this  
BillMcClure

class on embossing taught by Master Craftsman Kathy Flanagan

Kathy Flanagan

I recently attended a class on embossing taught by Master Craftsman Kathy Flanagan, and I just wanted to say it was a privilege to be taught by her, she is an excellent teacher and a wonderful person to be around.

If you ever get a chance to take one of her classes don’t pass it up!

Thanks Kathy,

Bill

Do not wear your "I'm a naughty yak" t-shirt to class.

~J

Wow! What a shock it is to see my name on one of these posts like that! Thank you, Bill, for the kind words. I enjoyed the class every bit as much as you did. It amazes me to see how much you have improved in such a short time.

For those of you who weren't in the class, I taught an afternoon class at Tandy's on plug embossing. We did a buffalo right out of the Figure Carving Finess book by Al Stohlman. It was a little embossing and a lot of figure carving. All the buffaloes turned out great. It's a pleasure and an honor to be asked to teach there.

Next time I teach a class, maybe everyone on Leatherworker will come, after that rave review!

Kathy

My yaks are out of yak snacks and they're mad at me!!!

Okay, I'll bite. What exactly is a "yak snack"? If they eat rotten kids, I will UPS mine tomorrow, since they don't have school tomorrow because of the wind and snow.

And does anyone have any pictures of this class or the projects? Does Kathy's buffalo look like a yak?

Johanna

I wouldn't bite a yak snack if I was me, Jo! Some people call them cow cakes, my horses call them horse candy. They're big and really hard and made of hay and grain. The only yak that ate kids for snacks was the one that is now in the freezer. Maybe that's why he's so tender, from eating all those tender youngsters!

I failed to take my camera to class. :ranting2: I could always take pictures of mine and Tiny's. If I can manage to post them without humiliating myself, I'll do that. Is there a way to erase my post if I fail? I guess I could disguise myself as a yak. Maybe no one would recognise me!

Kathy