Beener

Hello From Kingston, Ont.

Hey everyone. I just found this group through a Treadle Sewing Machine group, the other day. I have just aquired a Singer 29K58 from someone on that group and was asking about Leather Work resources and this site came up in conversation.

I live in Kingston, Ontario but was raised in Winnipeg, Manitoba where I owned and operated Skate Sharpening and repair outlets. I offered a wide range of equipment repair services and leather work was always involved as most Hockey equipment and figure skates themselves are made of leather. I found a machine that I am picking up later this spring and it is the same machine that I learned on almost 20 years ago. I am super excited to get back into leather work, as I was dabbling in all sorts of things when I had to get rid of all my equipment to move to Ontario.

Thanks for this wonderful resource and I hope to both learn and contribute experience in the future.

Edited by Beener

Welcome to the board Beener.

It should be interesting for all of us to see work and repairs related to skating and Hockey, eh. O Canada!