For the record, this is made of elephant leather; it is not a device for carrying your elephant :D . I built this holster to order for a customer's new Sig P229 Elite (lucky fella). The body is ear (to my knowledge) and the throat is trunk. The base material is horsehide. I decided a little while ago the next time I made an exotic holster I would post it on here and see what you all think. Constructive criticisms welcome. Thanks for looking.

p229e1.jpg

p229e2.jpg

p229e3.jpg

Looks pretty neat. I made myself this holster, but I like the way this belt loop is set up. Thanks, now I have to make another one.

tmoss1__Medium_.jpg

post-5-1204422462_thumb.jpg

Edited by Johanna
reduced pic size

Dude your holsters are cool. Very clean looking. One question though, is the reinforcing strip and the belt loop one peice or are they seperate?

Wow, This is a good looking holster. Too bad the elephant won't fit. lol jk. Shoot, Now I want to make one of these too.

That is a very well done holster, been doing them for I while I'll bet..LOL. Would make the olephant proud, might piss off tigger though.

great looking holster thanks for posting..

WOW, very nice looking holster. Now if only I can get mine to look like that!!!

Dude your holsters are cool. Very clean looking. One question though, is the reinforcing strip and the belt loop one peice or are they seperate?

The throat and the tunnel loop are one piece, sanded down to a lighter weight where there is trunk on top of it.

That's a great looking holster. Tempted to order one!

I gotta question/s, do you use the customer's pistol when you're boning the leather or do you

fabricate/buy? some kinda plug?

How does your fit/retention hold up over time?

Any pointers on getting a tight fit and correctly sizing the leather?

Do you add any metal?

Thanks,

BM

Edited by BondageMaster

ok first off great job it looks great . the only thing i have been lafing for a weak wonder and after checking out the pics I thought a Eliphant holster might be a lot bigger and I would like to see the guy packing it lol lol

good job

Russell

Thanks again guys. You're too kind :) .

BM, I only use the customer's pistol when I do custom work locally, and then I do everything by hand. Otherwise, I use dummy guns (preferably aluminum, but also plastic and very hard rubber models when necessary) to mold my holsters, and press them before I bone them. There are traditionalists that don't like that, but the truth of the matter is it saves time and makes a superior product. I prefer dummies because I am pretty hard on them when shaping the holster. As for pointers, check out the holster section here and you will find some real jewels of information from some of the posters. As for longevity, my mom recently showed me a holster I made eight or nine years ago that is still holding it's shape, so that's something (but to be honest it hasn't been under every day usage). Sizing the leather correctly comes down to practice and then experience, and I still make mistakes. I typcally make the holsters very tight, so the customer can break them in to the point of their preference. Concerning metal, I add it to reinforce the holsters on the customer's request.

superchute, did you honestly think someone would go around packing a pachyderm? :thumbsup: