They still need a coat of Skidmores or two, which should darken them up just a tad more, but for the most part they are done for now. I also need to make the tie downs, but that can come later.

These are really fast holsters. Its a nice compromise for us that dont like to build buscaderos and buckets, but still want a somewhat fast draw option.

The belt is a work in progress, that I just grabbed for the pics. I have had a heck of a time getting the edges to lay down on the belt. I also built it with the Maker stamps on upside down, so...... embarrassed.gif Its very comfortable though.

I did not do the antiquing that Will mentioned, but did use my year old dark blend coffee dye, EVOO, and more coffee, which gave it a somewhat antiqued but not overly worn look.

Also, ignore the strange moccasins in the photo. The Nike tribe was visiting when I took the photos.

I also have this in the holsters section. Please feel free to critique the holsters, but be nice about the belt. I feel bad enough about it already, ;).

Thanks!

DM

post-7450-127734649511_thumb.jpg

post-7450-127734650658_thumb.jpg

Really Nice Holsters Dalton! Now You just have to worry about Dan Evans! :D

that's a very cool looking rig, congrats on the new build!... i do have a question... is that buffalo for the belt? or did is it a finish manipulation? just curious... thanks...

eric

Thank you! I just put a coat of Skidmores on it, and it actually brought out the nuances of the brown a bit more. I like it. I just hope I can replicate it come time to dye the belt. Not the belt in the pic by the way, a veg tanned belt to match the holsters.

Mug, yes, that is buffalo. Its pretty comfy, but very hard to smooth the edges, as its not veg tan.

DM

Edited by DaltonMasterson

Hi DM;;

Good work; I realy like the coffee finish;;

Thank you! I just put a coat of Skidmores on it, and it actually brought out the nuances of the brown a bit more. I like it. I just hope I can replicate it come time to dye the belt. Not the belt in the pic by the way, a veg tanned belt to match the holsters.

Mug, yes, that is buffalo. Its pretty comfy, but very hard to smooth the edges, as its not veg tan.

DM

thsnkds for the reply... i know what you mean about buffalo/chrome... i made myself a veg-tan backed/buffalo front guitar strap for myself, and it was a true pain to burnish the top half of the edge, i finally i gave up, and just went with a tinted acrylic for the 'edge coating'... good luck with the rest of the work... what you've done so far is cool...

eric