Finally getting some time to do some leather work.

post-43646-0-73591400-1436047689_thumb.j

Thought I'd post another photo of this one and a few more small clutches I finished recently.

post-43646-0-85185200-1440961671_thumb.j

post-43646-0-60847100-1440961672_thumb.j

post-43646-0-45436600-1440961673_thumb.j

post-43646-0-32401300-1440961674_thumb.j

The stitching around the clasp is nice it added a nice touch

Cool. What kind of leather are these made of? I don't know why I didn't see this back in July....

I've been recycling things since I'm about out of materials. The black is Horween Essex.

Remember the dopp kits we make a few months back? I scrapped mine and made a clutch with U-shaped gussets... I took that apart and made the envelope clutch....it's Spanish Calfskin from Hardtke, the Terracotta (orange) is Sokoto goatskin from Siegel. 9 SPI and I finally ordered some orange Lin Cable 632 to match and a brass magnetic clasp from Bucklebuy.

Edited by thefanninator

Nice! I have some of the black essex now - it's really nice stuff.

I was thinking about your work recently, one, because I've been revisiting the fenice edge paint I gave up on (it's working well, though I think I want matte rather than shiny), and because I'm completely over the pigskin lining stuff, and was trying to decide if I should spring for some of the crazier thin leathers you sent me pieces of. This particular stuff would probably be sinful to use for lining, but I know some people use varieties of goatskin for that.

I also made a Horween Chromexcel belt recently. I'll have to send my stuff to Monica to photograph! ;)

The keeper is stitched in according to Valerie Michael's Book The Leatherworking Handbook. The twist on the backside is a pretty cool technique.

post-43646-0-59322300-1441077175_thumb.j

Edited by thefanninator