Beaverslayer

My Latest Lambskin Ladies Vest

Well, I just completed this Ladies vest. The outer shell is made with Lambskin and laced together with lace made from Goatskin. The back has a Cobra skin inlay. The lining is cowhide suede and is laced together with cowhide suede as well.

This took approx. 35 hours to make, has close to 400 feet of lace, and I think about 500 holes punched into it for the lace. The front pockets are lined with suede just like the lining.

The rope holding the sides together is braided goatskin, and the tassels are Bone Beads and Brass Beads.

post-1605-0-84443100-1352512753_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-69273900-1352512783_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-84710000-1352512816_thumb.jp

post-1605-0-21434100-1352512854_thumb.jp

Edited by Beaverslayer

That's a whack-O-work right there.

Very nice!

Exceptional work as always, Ken. Can you perhaps do an edit and drop the pic sizes a bit...say 600x800? Those are pretty large and take quite a while to load for those of us using an abacus.

That is AbFab!

Did you cut your own lace too?

Love the color combination.

Exceptional work as always, Ken. Can you perhaps do an edit and drop the pic sizes a bit...say 600x800? Those are pretty large and take quite a while to load for those of us using an abacus.

TwinOaks, the "Edit Post" button is not available any more. If you are able to change it so I can rdit, I will be happy to upload smaller pics. Sorry about that, they looked so small in my phone camera.

Thanks for the accolades.

DebHop,

Yes I cut my own lace, I use that handy dandy black plastic thingy from Tandy, it works real well once you get the hang of it. Glad you like the colors, a few people have told me that it's a bit "Load" but I was going for the "Rodeo Princess" look, kind of like how colorful rodeo chaps are.

That's a whack-O-work right there.

Very nice!

Thanks Tree Reaper, pretty much everything I make is laced together, could never figure out haw to use a sewing machine.

Thanks for the accolade Dawg, I love that dog collar, only thing that would make it better is if it said "Packers"....