Vwoodard

Price Tags On Small Leather Goods

Hi all,

I am in need of some advice regarding tagging leather goods. I am producing 1.75 in. leather discs that have designs pressed into them for use as award medallions in a historic re-enactment group I belong to. they do not have holes in them anywhere, and I need to be able to put a tag for inventory and pricing purposes on them, but don't want to use something that's going to leave a lot of gum behind on it...

table space is usually limited, and I already have standing cases with other goods in them, so bagging them isn't the best options. I use a modified set of slant wire shelves to display them with a hanging display above, or have them in the open organizer boxes with the lids off so people can see them when I can. it wouldn't be a big deal for just a few, but I have more than 100 different designs now, and keeping track is a pain.

Any recommendations on tagging these or other types of small leather goods like this?

Greatly appreciate any advice from folks that have been at it at while...

Thanks,

Vince Woodard

I would try some sort of binder clips and attaching a tag. Another way to go about this is a label maker and sticking a small adhesive label like the ones you see on bread.

There are some removable price tag labels that are made by the Avery label company. They aren't real big but they do work good enough to put a price on and an item number and they don't leave any residue behind. I use them for every show/fair display that I set up.

How about cling wrap? Lay the item face-down on a small piece of wrap, fold all of the excess to the back side, and put a small stick-on tag on either front or back. It should help keep them clean during handling too.

CD in Oklahoma

You can buy these at Staples for about $15 a package. You make your own label using a word template, and print on your printer. Then you use the included string to attach to the product. I use them quite a bit, and they work well.

Sorry forgot to attach the link the 1st time: http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Marketing-Solutions/Tags/Paper-Tag-White-1_.5in-x-1_.5in-with-Strings-InkJet-Print_to_the_Edge-20-up-10-sheets_22849.htm?N=0&Ns=&refchannel=c042fd03ab30a110VgnVCM1000002118140aRCRD

Edited by Dirt4fun