Sign in to follow this  
badger

Stitching Ponies/clamps

I've taken an interest in hand-stitching of late, but realised today that I don't have enough hands.......

Do any of my friends on the board know where I can find a nice wooden stitching horse or clamp in the UK? Preferably used?

I apologise if this is in the wrong place, I didn't really know where to put it.

Cheers,

Karl

Badger:

I have one, a Tandy model that I do not use anymore. You can have it, just send me your addy and you will get it. Let's say were even, brother! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

~ Remember: Stop & Strop! ~

That's very nice of you, thank you!

Cheers,

Karl

It will be on the way this week. Check your PM's.

IMHO this is what it should be like in this world. People helping each other when they can. Not to make money from friends but helping because they care. I just got done reading the "Please Donate" thread and as soon as I get my next project done and paid for it, I will send in whatever I can after I tithe on it.

Somewhere this world got off on the wrong track with the obsession with money and sueing people over something stupid. :soapbox:

I'm done now. Thanks for listening to my ranting.

Joe

Between badger and Sam I feel left out those guys are a good model for. This site and the world.

Thanks again Sam

Josh

Another option (for other folks) is to make your own - actually quite easy - here's a how-to I wrote up for making a simple pony - a horse is a bit more complicated and there is a pattern for one in Stohlman's book "The Art of Hand Stitching Leather"

http://www.wrtcleather.com/1-ckd/tutorials/_stitchpony.html

Thank you Chuck!

I just finished watching your holster making DVD. I highly recommend these to anyone interested in making gunleather of the Old West. My head is spinning!

You make it look so easy...... :head_hurts_kr:

Karl

Did you know you can purchase Used Barrel Staves which are oak and already have that nice ( curve to them. Thought Id mention it, As I have been looking in to a Stitching Horse / Pony My self.

:grouphug5vj5:

Edited by Greybeard

Thank you Chuck!

I just finished watching your holster making DVD. I highly recommend these to anyone interested in making gunleather of the Old West. My head is spinning!

You make it look so easy...... :head_hurts_kr:

Karl

You're welcome Karl and if you have any questions you can email me chuck@wrtcleather.com or PM me here - it might take a few days to get an answer but I do answer all questions as quickly as possible.....glad you liked it and I wish it was as easy as make it look!

Badger

Your stitching pony started its galopping over the ocean today. Enjoy

~ Remember: Stop & Strop! ~

Sam,

Thank you again.

I've got two lined belts already hole-punched and ready to stitch!

Cheers,

Karl

Edited by badger

Hey Sam,

The Pony Express arrived today.

It's a great little hoss. Thank you so much for your gift, it's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Karl