Hey All,

Got another one done this weekend, thought you'd like to see it. This one is in 5/6 ounce Vegetable tanned leather. I did a rather unique dye job on this: oiled it with mink oil and then sprayed diluted brown dye onto it with a spray bottle. This way the dye did not quite soak in due to the oil and left a rather cool mottled appearance (kind of a nice antique effect). Came out rather nice I think! Finished off with neatsfoot oil and Resolene.

Thanks for looking!

Andy

post-8183-053232600 1326066695_thumb.jpg

post-8183-028969100 1326066711_thumb.jpg

post-8183-054481700 1326066724_thumb.jpg

post-8183-042380300 1326066736_thumb.jpg

Hey All,

Got another one done this weekend, thought you'd like to see it. This one is in 5/6 ounce Vegetable tanned leather. I did a rather unique dye job on this: oiled it with mink oil and then sprayed diluted brown dye onto it with a spray bottle. This way the dye did not quite soak in due to the oil and left a rather cool mottled appearance (kind of a nice antique effect). Came out rather nice I think! Finished off with neatsfoot oil and Resolene.

Thanks for looking!

Andy

very nice I like the clean rustic look

Hey All,

Thanks for looking!

Andy

i was thinking about trying this. did you spray it over the entire piece, or just in some spots? i like the look you got from it.

Wow! I just love your bags.. and look forward to you posting pictures of them :-)

How are you getting the celtic stamps to be black? is it just a really fine paintbrush or??

Natalie

very nice I like the clean rustic look

Thanks!

Oooooo that is pretty!

Thanks! Glad you like it.

i was thinking about trying this. did you spray it over the entire piece, or just in some spots? i like the look you got from it.

Yeah it was an experiment that turned out right! I sprayed it all over as I didn't want just spots here and there. I figured it would soak in where the mink oil may have not been as even in some places. I think it looks rather natural.

Wow! I just love your bags.. and look forward to you posting pictures of them :-)

How are you getting the celtic stamps to be black? is it just a really fine paintbrush or??

Thanks! No paintbrush here, they are brushed with two coats of super sheen as a resist, then antiqued. After antiquiing I used some denatured alcohol and "scrubbed" off the sheen. This let some dye and antique kind of get into the leather giving it a cool patina (this was done on the small billets with the knots only).

Cheers,

Andy

I think I might have commented on your pics in the past but cant help mentioning again... your photos inspire me.

Thanks for sharing.

I think I might have commented on your pics in the past but cant help mentioning again... your photos inspire me.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks a lot! Glad I could pass along some inspiration!

Very nice briefcase!!!!

Thanks!

Andy

Very inspirational! I really like your hardware...mind sharing your source? Are you still stitching by hand?

Edited by gicts

Very inspirational! I really like your hardware...mind sharing your source? Are you still stitching by hand?

Thank you! Don't mind at all, I get my hardware from Ohio Travel Bag. This bag is hand stitched for the main part of the body and all the parts attached to it. Detail stitching along the flap's edge and the belt were done on machine.

Andy

Why thank you very much! Just got an email from the customer I made this for. He loves it and uses it every day to take his laptop to work. Now he wants a smaller "murse" bag to match this one. Cool! I'm on it!

Andy

Thank you! Don't mind at all, I get my hardware from Ohio Travel Bag. This bag is hand stitched for the main part of the body and all the parts attached to it. Detail stitching along the flap's edge and the belt were done on machine.

Andy

Great work and thanks for sharing! I'm planning on making a messenger bag next month for my gf's birthday. It'll be the first one that I make. I really like your style and would like for it to look similar!

Hey All,

Thanks for looking!

Andy

That is an Awesome & Inspiring Bag!

Love the overall color you got & on the billets,

...the latch is perfect. I like the mix of hand stitching/machine work.....

I'm 100% sure the owner of that is very proud to carry that!