Art

Cobra Sewing Machines

I've been teasing you all for the last couple of weeks about the Cobra Machines. Well I can finally spill more of the beans.

Steve Tayrien, you all know Steve, he formerly worked for Artisan, and sold many of you your machines, has left Artisan to work for The Leather Machine Company, I call them LMC for short. Why Jerry let Steve leave is totally beyond me. Tony (the Artisan mechanic) left to work for LMC too.

If you need to talk to Steve about anything sewing machine, you can contact him at the listing below. Just give him a call and wish him good luck.

The machines are great, and the feet and needle plates are a cut above others, they are simply gorgeous.

These machines will be available at the Wickenburg, Sheridan, Wichita Falls, Indianapolis, and Denver shows with some really special show pricing. I hope to see you there.

The Leather Machine Company, Inc.

3545 Highland Avenue "C"

Highland, CA 92346

1-866-962-9880

http://leathermachineco.com

cobra@leathermachineco.com

If you need more info, you can PM me or call me (I'll send numbers in a PM) and I can give you models, prices, or whatever info I have

Art

Hi Pat,

I guess it will take a day or so for it to propogate around the DNS servers, or maybe Johanna fell asleep at the keyboard.

Art

Hey Art!

No leathermachineco.com on my search engine?

Pat

That's what I need- a great big huge magic wand!

It looks like the site needs some pictures and prices yet, but it seems like a nice selection of machines.

Johanna

Wow! Steve left Artisan. That is a cryin shame. The guys at Artisan are going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to replace Steve. He is knowledgeable and dedicated to serving his customers. I will miss him a lot.

:head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr:

I just got a card from Steve re: his booth at Wickenburg representing Cobra sewing machines. I'm sorry I have an Artisan machine now, cause having Steve available for help was the reason I bought it.

Have to give Artisan a chance to prove they can still provide the service that made their reputation.

I wonder who is left at Artisan to provide advice?

SkipJ

I just got a card from Steve re: his booth at Wickenburg representing Cobra sewing machines. I'm sorry I have an Artisan machine now, cause having Steve available for help was the reason I bought it.

Have to give Artisan a chance to prove they can still provide the service that made their reputation.

I wonder who is left at Artisan to provide advice?

SkipJ

I guess I over reacted in the comment posted but I am very apprehensive about support. I've always dealt with Steve. Service is one on the deciding factors when I make a purchase unless it's somthing I can fix myself, not too many things fall into that catagory.

SkipJ

Edited by skipj

Hi Bree,

Well, Steve AND Tony both left Artisan. Not to worry though, you can still talk to Steve at LMC.

http://cobrastitch.com

or

http://www.leathermachineco.com

and call him.

The website is still under construction, but it will get better over time, and the Phone number is there.

Needless to say he is right busy with his new job, and if you are having a hard time getting through, PM me and I can give you his cell.

Art

Wow! Steve left Artisan. That is a cryin shame. The guys at Artisan are going to have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to replace Steve. He is knowledgeable and dedicated to serving his customers. I will miss him a lot.

:head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr:

Hi Bree,

Well, Steve AND Tony both left Artisan. Not to worry though, you can still talk to Steve at LMC.

or

and call him.

The website is still under construction, but it will get better over time, and the Phone number is there.

Needless to say he is right busy with his new job, and if you are having a hard time getting through, PM me and I can give you his cell.

Art

As a new member to this board, I am really surprised that advertisements this obvious are allowed. Are posts such as this not considered advertisement by the members and moderator on this "Discussion Board".

If not, I will be glad to post my business name and phone number for prospective customers as well. Please advise. Mary in Colorado

I don't think it is considered advertising in the full meaning of the word. You will find the members here a very friendly bunch and willing to share alot of information. I would not post your email address in a reply or post as there are alot of bums on the internet that troll forums for them to send out spam. There is an marketplace section if you would like to post info about your business. Of course a moderator can explain all this stuff much better than me. Welcome and enjoy your foray into leathermania. :grouphug5vj5:

Mary,

This is one of the few forums where suppliers are encouraged to join. Discussion about them and from them is allowed, including new products, contact info, and experiences. Feel free to post an intro about your self and your business in the introduction and supplier sections. If you have stuff to sell, there is a "Marketplace" section as well. There is a mix of people here from new beginners to those who have spent a lifetime in the business. We all buy and use stuff. Welcome.

Edit: As Jordan pointed out, it is safer to either post your contact info in a hyper-link or spell it out (i.e. joesleather at domain dot com) tp slow the harvesters down.

Mary- you are welcome to introduce yourself, share your link(s), and show off your stuff. LW was born to serve leatherworkers, and if the board helps someone get a customer- well, that makes us all happy!

Johanna

Hey Folks,

Ths is what Art said when I posted my own info kast year so why is it ok for him to do it??

Bob

Hi Bob,

If you want to sell here, do it in Marketplace. Otherwise PM her and keep it off the main board. I let the first one go by, but that is enough. It is ok to help with answers to questions, etc., but any mention of your business should be done in a PM.

Art

I think posts like these ones are great ways for people like me (who dont know much about sewing machines) to learn and look into different companies

Hi Bree,

or

and call him.

Art

Thanks! I sent him a note to put me on his mailing list and then terrorized him about the website.

:smashcomp::smashcomp::smashcomp:

Hi Mary,

Nice to see you here, newcomers are always welcome. Since you are so new here, you probably haven't read much of the board. We definitely encourage folks to let us know what they are doing. Please post all about yourself and your business, what machines you have, what you make, etc. If you want to sell something specific to someone, do it in a PM, that's all. You will find links to many suppliers in the previous posts if you take the time to read them, this being your first post after joining yesterday, I know it takes some time to read them all. You will find links to Artisan, Cowboy, Ferdco, and LMC and many others. Our mission here is to inform folks about everything going on in the Leather Sewing Machine business. We care about everyone and everything in the business and you will find announcements of births, deaths, illness, business ventures, and who knows what else here. Since we get a lot of folks looking for their first sewing machine here, discussions do run to all the vendors out there, folks here have different experiences with different brands and opinions will be expressed about them, that's not advertising, that's information.

Let me get something straight here. I do not own the Leather Machine Company, period. I don't even own a piece of it, period. Someone has been spreading the rumor that I do and he is terribly ill-informed, and as everyone knows, a legend in his own mind. I promote leather sewing machines, and believe EVERYONE should have at least one, preferably more. I promote the vendors of these machines at absolutely no advantage to me, only to the vendor and the buyer, I have paid full price (or show price) for every sewing machine I have, except obviously, the used ones. We need these machines to do leatherwork, and this industry needs to succeed, I will continue to promote it, and ultimately the sewing machine user.

Now Mary in Colorado, lets hear about your sewing machine related business, in Ohio.

Art

I've done business with several of the posters here, and I've almost always had great results. This forum is pretty unique when it comes to the advertising it permits, and I would encourage everyone to take advantage of it.

One of the things you have to do on any forum such as this, is research the poster...check out their website, but most importantly, check out their posts. After a bit, it becomes real clear who is respected on the forum and posts quality pictures, discussions, and opinion.

I've taken Art's advice many times, and he's NEVER steered me wrong. And as an Artisan owner, I'm happy to know where Steve is working, and frankly, if I can steer him some business, he's earned it from me. I'm pleased with my Artisan, and I was always happy with Steve's service....now I have another option when I need another piece of equipment.

When someone has a personal agenda, they ought to just be upfront about it. It's real obvious to the rest of us here when someone has an axe to grind, or when they hide behind ghost accounts.

I don't want to get in to any sewing machine stuff because I am a novice in that area, but that having been said Art has been very helpfull to me and others he shares his knowledge very freely and I for one don't think this thread should be used as a way to get at him, please keep up dating us in all areas of the sewing machine world Art and any info you can bring forward.

Josh

Sew, what are the updates? (funny pun)

I would like to see photos of the new and improved machines. I have heard about the tension knobs and improved feet and such but I can't see.

Any top secret info.?

I want to know what happened to Mary?

I want to know what happened to Mary?

My guess, is that 'Mary' created 'her' account to make a comment that 'she' normally wouldn't make under her real name. That's the way it usually seems when a 'new' member makes a single post, which is critical and has no profile info.

You may be right if this isn't the case she should speak up

Josh