Uwe

Puritan Needles And Awls

Just wanted to share what $173.30 worth of Puritan needles and awls look like. Extra points if you find the odd one in the bunch.

post-56402-0-26648400-1448729927_thumb.j

Edited by Uwe

The oversized awl might be from a Union Lockstitch machine. I still have some needles and awls left over from my last ULS. I never should have let that machine go...

Puritans apparently come in two shank sizes (.086" and .115"), depending on configuration. The big shank awl is indeed a Puritan, just the wrong shank size. I'm contemplating whether I should bother getting a single awl replaced, but for $8.30 per awl, they really ought to send you the right one in the first place.

That picture reminded me of a bunch of needles I bought a few years ago of an auction site. I ordered rafflenbeul ms 200 needles and a few pakkages of other needles were included. Not the same but they look like your needles. I have used them as scrap metall for all kinds of hobby projects accept sewing. Today I looked them up and discovered they are for a mckay stitcher. Don't know that machine. But now I now they are worth something, maybe I have too treat them better. Or get myself a mckay stitcher.