276ccm

Tool bag for motorcycle

Hi, does anyone have some measures and maybe a pattern for making a leather tool bag for motorcycle.. the ones that often hang in the front under the light.. :-)

I guess there are a lot of different sizes, but I have to start somewhere.. :-)

Hey 267, glad to see your willing to jump into new things, just make sure you show 'em to us...lol

The simplest start would be to cut out a 10.5 x 18 poster board template,or any similar dimensions that would actually hold a set of tools, and 2 short gusset sides with rain flaps, and go for it.

Tandy has a simple biker pak with toolbags and such.

Of course our own motorcycle section has a $10,000 course on bike stuff.

You need to know a few things before starting a tool bag....

first, how is it going to attach to the bike?

Some bikes you attach it to the fork tubes, some you attach to the lightbar, and some others attache in some other unique way.

Then you need to know if it is going to attach to the lightbar, what are the measurements that will work? is the light bar close to the fender, or is there room to mount it? are the ambers hanging down under the aux lights on the light bar? will the bag fit between them? if so, whats the max space I can use... so on and so forth...

Good luck.

Thanks for info :-) I´m thinking of making a standard one... it´s not for a special bike, just for practise.. and it´s going to be a "price" at a party :-)

Where do I find the "$10,000 course on bike stuff" I think this page is a bit diffecult to navigate.. :-)

Hi,I recently made a tool roll for a buddy and I used a 12" by 20" piece for the main body and for the ends i made a 6" circle but put 6" flaps on it for the "weather"flaps to fold into the top of the tool roll,

I put the whole thing together using mexican braid round both ends and round the main flap of the roll,Then just added fastener straps and 2 fork straps to the back.

Sorry i do not have any pics of seperate parts but you may be able to see what i mean by these photp,s,

Photo0217.jpgPhoto0218.jpgPhoto0216.jpg

Hope this helps,

JJ