Hello,

I stumbled across this site trying to find info on an old old Herman H Heiser saddle I purchased at a garage sale.

According the HHH trademark it dates from 1878 to 1890

Is in great shape for its age and came with Saddles bags that say "US" and also inside the flap "B MP 66" at least I think its 66 hard to see, the canvas liner is still inside with intials on it.

Is there somewhere I could get it appraised and find out the history on it?

Teresa

I tried to upload a photo but it says file to large

Edited by arrowfndr

if you have a photobucket account you can upload the picture to your photobucket account then copy and paste the URL to the thread or if you prefer you can PM me and I will give you my e mail address and you can send me the pics and I will upload the pics here for you.

I am sure there is someone here who can tell you more about the saddle than I can however what I do know Herman H Heiser saddlery company of Denver Colorado was a very sought after saddle because of the high quality and craftsmanship. If I am not mistaken the HHH saddlery company made saddles, Tack ,Gun belts holsters and other leather goods for the army divisions in the surrounding territories so it could possibly be you have a US Calvary saddle or at least some Calvary saddle bags. It would be hard to tell what its history is other than it was made during the period between the black hills war and the wounded knee massacre so it could have been issued to a US soldier of that time period can't really know these kind of details unless you know someone who knew a little bit about the original owner of the saddle.you might want to go back where you bought the saddle and ask if they know anything about its former owner or if they knew their name then you might be able to research that person to find out what their background was.

here is an attached pic of the HHH logo from 1878 to 1900

post-34683-0-70661900-1352099223_thumb.j

Edited by St8LineGunsmith