I have been lurking for a while, but have never posted. I'm not formally trained. I just kind of stumble around with leather, dye, and tools, until I have armor. Here is my latest piece, the Odinhelm, along with the coif that I made from aluminum electric fence wire. The helm is riding a little high on my head, but the inside is adjustable.

post-17629-0-31319400-1416042424_thumb.j

post-17629-0-10245200-1416042467_thumb.j

post-17629-0-07990600-1416042511_thumb.j

Pretty amazing I'm impressed

Nice work! Did you make your pattern? I'm going to be doing Dark Ages re-enactment in the new year and this looks very interesting...

That's really awesome!

Ha! Really cool. The leather lacing bits look really nice, and I like the rather ingenious coif, too.

Awsome! :)

Nice work! Did you make your pattern? I'm going to be doing Dark Ages re-enactment in the new year and this looks very interesting...

I just looked at some different spangenhelms online, measured my head, and drew out a rough pattern on a moving box. I taped it together, for a test fit, then traced it on leather.

Really nice.

I keep sayin' that I'm gonna make an Indian war bonnet one day.

That is really cool and the chainmail is spot on as well, cheapest way to make it is with the fencing wire, and great work on the leather helm personally I have always hated nose guards like that, some reason I always want to cross my eyes to look ait!!! And yeah I am one of the few crazies that use to joust man to man and we did not use ballia wood we would use either fir or if we were really pissed off at each other oak lances lol great work though!