cowboy99percent

Newbie Here, I'vd Viewed Some Of Your Work. How Do You Make The Leather Look So Supple?

How do you make your work look so supple and full of life? I've made things over the years, self taught of course. But I was at a convention for work in Las Vegas almost a year ago. Before checking in to my hotel, I had the cabby take me to the Tandy Leather store there. I had a friend that wanted me to make him a set of batwing chaps. And I wanted to pick out the leather first hand. I bought my supplies, and I noticed they were having a class, and the Manager asked me if I wanted to attend? And a class would start up after lunch. I said how much? She said 0, I said well, I,m lagging this luggage around and need to get some lunch. In which she pointed me, a few doors down to a cafe. And she said just leave your luggage in the back, and when you return from lunch you can take the class. So I did, this was my first introduction to tooling leather, it was awesome. I had informed the nice Manager, that I had to leave around 4 pm, so I could make it to a meeting, and that I needed to call a cabby. She said no worries, and when I had finished the class, she insisted on driving me, clear across Las Vegas to my hotel. I will never forget this my whole life, just the nicest people you'd ever meet. And I had never been to Las Vegas before in my life, just a country boy from Alabama.

Edited by cowboy99percent

Start by buying quality leather. Herman Oak or Wickett and Craigare 2 of the best brands of leather. There are more tricks but you have to start with quality leather.