Frank

Checkbook Inserts

Hey all. I just got in an order for a checkbook cover. It seems that I am doing a great deal of small projects right now instead of saddles. They pay better anyways. I was attempting to locate a good place to buy inserts. I did a search on here and someone mentioned Hitching Post Supply. I checked their website but found nothing. I'd appreciate any help in locating some good inserts. Thanks in advance.

If you are making basic checkbook covers you do not need an insert kit. I use a piece of vegtable tan leather to tool on, then a piece of firm pigskin for the flap to tuck the checks under and another on the top for a register/reciepts. Cut the top piece at an angle so it is easier to pull out reciepts. A small piece in the center (about 2" wide) covers the inside between the two flaps. Glue in the center piece, lace the rest togeather.

C.S. Osborne & Co 973-483-3232 cso@csoborne.com

Wickett & Craig 800-826-6379 info@wickett-craig.com

Weaver Leather 800-932-8371

Gore Tools 800-859-8338

Smith & Company (Chuck Smith ~ Ol' Smoothie Swivel knife) 818-222-5757

Standard Rivet Company 800-367-4838

Chaylor ~ Fenneli Australia (lace & insides) 800-620-2760

Try this one above, this is what the Hitching post was carrying. I know that a few have mentioned it. Kevin at Springfield sells some cost effective insides that I have seen. I have used the old ones that Hidecrafter used to carry, I don't know if they change carriers? Good luck and I hope this helps.

Edited by King's X

Thanks to all that posted. I will check on the companies provided. I'm not much on making my own inserts. Leather that thin does not do well with these arthritic fingers. I find it very hard to handle/grab a hold of and hell, I'm only 32. But I'm pretty sure I have had every finger and knuckle busted on my right hand along with my right wrist being busted twice...no questions or comments on that one...LOL. It's a long story about a quick decision!! Thanks again, I appreciate it.

Edited by Frank