KAYAK45

If....i Looked For A Boot Finsher

I want to start on Boots.. now. What finisher would I want of :need" or should I just stay, for now, with what I've got.

What is that you say.?,, Well band saw, grinder (2) , bench belt sander, bench belt and circular sander, drill press, and all the hand tools. Really all of them!

Oh, and what post patcher sewing machine??? Nearly forgot that!

coffeecomp.gif

Do you happen to be lookng for a line finisher? If so, pm me for details. Can probably make you a really good deal on one. All I know about it is it is 11 feet long and is green. Works well but the guy I got it from got a better one.

Thanks for the reply Joe!

No, those old line finishers are just to big, and I understand turn a little slower than the "modern" finishers.

I think I'm looking more for an "auto soler jackmaster" type, or a Sutton finisher type.

I know of a line finisher, like you speak of, that I can HAVE for the removal. But I think the value of something free is obvious. ZERO!

The modern finishers go FAST and burn leather 'til you get used to them. You can cut the old line finishers into sections and not use the whole thing, but sanding they go bump, bump, bump as you go over the joint in the drum.

Kevin

WEEELLL i'm going to have the chance to compare.

Kinda my bad ideas, kinda my need, I ended up with a landis 400/450, whatever. AND.... a Sutton t-2 . Now I will compare and keep the winner and sell the other.

Keep in mind I'm basically an idiot, which I can document, and somebody will get a great rebuilt Landis.

whatdoyouthink.gif

Hi Kevin,

Even though they are faster, the abrasives are 10 times longer and stay a lot cooler. You need to develop a lighter touch when sanding leather, but a good sharp 24 or 36 grit rarely gets real hot. OTOH, a 120 or 240 belt will get hot if you get over rambunctious with it, you need a gentle touch, it is for smoothing not grinding. Get it all profiled with the 36 grit and then pretty it up with a 120 or 240.

You work with what you got, unless like the other Kevin (KAYAK45), you have both.

Art

The modern finishers go FAST and burn leather 'til you get used to them. You can cut the old line finishers into sections and not use the whole thing, but sanding they go bump, bump, bump as you go over the joint in the drum.

Kevin

Hey Art, Thanks. I don't know if I've never thought about changing grits or if my supplier told me 15 years ago he only had 2. Sometimes you get so hide bound, you forget what's out there.

Kevin