Sign in to follow this  
pete

What machine is right for me?

First off- I don't do a LOT of projects that require stitching (over lacing) but I have been getting more work for belts, straps, purses etc.

I'm not looking for anything here but just simple information.

If I wanted a machine to do simple stitching on less than 12oz material, don't have a clue as to how a machine works, don't want to waste a of leather learning, won't get so frustrated that I sell it in a few weeks, and don't have to buy hundreds of MUST HAVE accessories

what might I buy?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

ps- the only machine that I have seen up close is the Tippman Boss but I have been reading the posts here for months and I don't know if I want a manual that seems to frustrate so many of you what with adjustments, tension problems, etc.

ANY information would be most appreciated.

pete

Pete,

You are in for a lot of views. I can tell you how my search went. My 1st thought was to not have to get a bigger machine so I ended up with Artisan Toro 3000. It's a great machine and I'll never do anything too thick for it to handle. Then, I also want to do small items (wallets, folders, etc.) with smaller threads than work well on the 3000. Plus, I wanted to be able to carry a machine out of town to family where we sometimes stay a week or so. To solve that, I bought Consew CP146R and added a Monster Balance Wheel from Sailrite.

I am REAL happy with BOTH machines. For me, I think 2 machines are necessary. If that 12 oz is +- 5 oz, with similar thread sizes, you can probably find a single machine. Sure hope you can try FIRST as I feel I took a lot of risk ordering without trying.

Best of luck.