Sign in to follow this  
Todd

Saddle #2

Finally got around to posting a pic of the second saddle I made. The woman wanted a Wade with roses on it and asked that I did not put a border on it. I personally prefer a border of some type but she was adament about keeping the edges clean. This is also the very first attempt at carving roses. I know I will only get better at it but am pretty pleased with my first results. I originally put a latigo horn wrap on it and she didn't like latigo and wanted chap leather. I warned her against it as I told her it has too much give but she did not want to wait for me to get some mulehide in to do a proper wrap and claims she will only be trail riding in it and it will never see a rope. If anybody has any critiques please feel free to let me know them. I value everybody's opinions and skill sets and the ideas garnered really help with future projects. I hope to get #3 up on here soon.

Leatherworker_copy.jpg

Leatherworker_copy_2.jpg

post-6544-1241157755_thumb.jpg

post-6544-1241157805_thumb.jpg

I'm somewhat green as a saddlemaker myself, so I will leave the constructive critique to the many more experienced posters available on LW. It looks to me like you did a very nice job, especially for just the second one. Maybe some of the experts will chime in here and let the learning begin. I sure have learned a lot from what critique I have received on my posts,

Chuck