Something a little different, an unusual way of keeping the lid closed was asked for, I wasn't convinced it would work, but it actually does it quite nicely.

There are only so many ways to make a leather tub look a little different, It;s twice the work of a single strap to open it but that was not an issue.

What do you think?

Nige

Edited by Dangerous Beans

Now that's something to aspire to! Thanks for sharing!

All I can say is WOW!

Very nice work! It looks great.

Did you have your circular cutter custom made, or is it a standard size?

What a beautiful pieces of work, both the leather & the video, thank you so much for sharing

Thanks for taking the time to show this, very very nice. I have a question, the tool you used for making the holes,,,what tool is that or more directly, the mfg. I only have mostly Tandy tools, and Ive only been working on things a bit over a year, so the common tools have generally worked out. but not so much this, so I am interested in that tool. my lace punching tool is also wearing. so I am thinking where ever you got this tool, they have others I may need to review. Im getting some request and need to step up my game a little. thanks again.

Bob

Very nice work! It looks great.

Did you have your circular cutter custom made, or is it a standard size?

Thank you OdinUK, I had the cutter made at Joseph Dixon, it worked out to about £24 with VAT and post.

It saves a bit of time when doing multiple cuts, it sharpens up nicely too.

Nige

Thanks for taking the time to show this, very very nice. I have a question, the tool you used for making the holes,,,what tool is that or more directly, the mfg. I only have mostly Tandy tools, and Ive only been working on things a bit over a year, so the common tools have generally worked out. but not so much this, so I am interested in that tool. my lace punching tool is also wearing. so I am thinking where ever you got this tool, they have others I may need to review. Im getting some request and need to step up my game a little. thanks again.

Bob

Hi Bob, I think I'm enjoying the video making as much as the leatherwork. Glad you like it.

The tool I used is a Joseph Dixon Pricking iron number 7 giving 7 stitches per inch and will have 8 prongs per inch. They are about £70 over here in the UK. C S Osborne make a pricking chisel which I imagine to be much the same, however it appears to be marked up differently.

The number 7 gives 6 cuts per inch which would give you 5 stitches per inch. Not confusing at all.

It might be worth a quick email to make sure this is right.

You will always get one more prong to the inch than the stitch count.

Hope that's not baffled you too much.

Nige

Hi Bob, I think I'm enjoying the video making as much as the leatherwork. Glad you like it.

The tool I used is a Joseph Dixon Pricking iron number 7 giving 7 stitches per inch and will have 8 prongs per inch. They are about £70 over here in the UK. C S Osborne make a pricking chisel which I imagine to be much the same, however it appears to be marked up differently.

The number 7 gives 6 cuts per inch which would give you 5 stitches per inch. Not confusing at all.

It might be worth a quick email to make sure this is right.

You will always get one more prong to the inch than the stitch count.

Hope that's not baffled you too much.

Nige

Nope, think I got it. I will check out some sites, not heard the term pricking chisel before. yeah the video was smooth, relaxing to watch to, not hurried, very nice to show a very nice product. thanks again.

Nice work! Thanks for sharing the video too.

Pat

Outstanding work! I've never enjoyed watching someone stitch so much.

Hmmmmm, I don't see anything. Did it get removed?

ummmmmm yeah.....that was just,..... well,...... mesmerizing.

fantastic ;)

classy and unusual

very nicely done, Nigel...both the box and the video!

For me it was enlightening to see how you use the round knife, as i'm only just getting started with mine.