CitizenKate

Backgammon board completed

I finally got the frame and the rest of the finishing touches on my Backgammon board. I decided, for this project, to put together an entire game, including the dice, "checkers", etc. (Usually I just make the boards, and the people who buy them combine them with their own playing pieces). I also made some little leather bags for the pieces.

Yes, I thought about making dice shakers, ala Al Stohlman, but I failed miserably! LOL I'll have to keep working on those... :rolleyes:

BackgammonOrnamentalSet_600.jpg

Kate

post-7-1210528513_thumb.jpg

Kate, that is just beautiful, WoW, excellent work!

Kate,

That is simply beautiful work. Thank you

WOW, Kate, outstanding, very beautiful. The colors are so rich, you've done a great job on this. Thanks for sharing.

Ken

Hi Kate,

Your game boards are so nice looking, it almost makes me wish I liked to play games like that. Your work is always so neat and clean and your colors are always so rich. Everything goes together to make an awesome finsihed product. Somebody is REALLY gonna love having this piece of your work!

Kate,

Now that is simply beautiful. I really like that, the colors are perfect.

David Theobald

Wow, Kate, your backgammon game set is so beautiful! The carving is really well done and the colors give it such a rich feel. Great job!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone.

David mentioned awhile back that he'd like to see a tutorial on making game boards. Next one I make, I'll put together a photo demo of the process.

Also, for anyone else interested in doing a project like this, the pattern for this design and a couple of my other game boards are going to be published in a book that is scheduled to come out sometime next year, along with detailed instructions for making them. (Sorry - shameless book plug... :whistle: )

Kate

David mentioned awhile back that he'd like to see a tutorial on making game boards. Next one I make, I'll put together a photo demo of the process.

Also, for anyone else interested in doing a project like this, the pattern for this design and a couple of my other game boards are going to be published in a book that is scheduled to come out sometime next year, along with detailed instructions for making them. (Sorry - shameless book plug... :whistle: )

Kate

Kate,

Put me down for a SIGNED copy of that book PLEASE

Dave

Nicest board I've ever seen. I really like the color choices. Looks natural yet still has the necessary definition necessary for the game.

Beautiful board! My brother and I used to play backgammon as kids and loved it. Sure would have been nice playing on a board like this!

I finally got the frame and the rest of the finishing touches on my Backgammon board. I decided, for this project, to put together an entire game, including the dice, "checkers", etc. (Usually I just make the boards, and the people who buy them combine them with their own playing pieces). I also made some little leather bags for the pieces.

Yes, I thought about making dice shakers, ala Al Stohlman, but I failed miserably! LOL I'll have to keep working on those... :rolleyes:

BackgammonOrnamentalSet_600.jpg

Kate

That is to nice to be played on :)

WOW, that is a fantastic gorgoeous looking gameboard! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Lot's of little detail and a very nice layout in design. Beautiful colouring and I really like the little bags you made too. They send the signal that you really thought of the comfort for the intended user I think.

Tom

perfection

KK

Kate

Wow :You_Rock_Emoticon: Very nice game set! And please reserve me a signed copy of your book! If your interested, i will gladly offer a translation for you n french if you want :) Keep up your good work!

Absolutly beautiful, I Love it :You_Rock_Emoticon:

Kate

No need to apologize. If you didn't tell us in advance, that you would need to apologize for ...

And add me to the list wanting to place advance orders, preferably for an autographed copy :clapping: