Sign in to follow this  
RVM45

Anyone Have An Old "monte Carlo" Iwb Auto-Holster?

Friends,

I bought an "el cheapo" inside the pants holster for a .45 Government Model—maybe 35 years ago.

The Spring Clip was very weak—generally the Holster came out with the Gun.

{If the Spring Clip had simply been "upside down" it would have cured that problem handily.}

The Leather was both very thin and it was lined—(some thin cloth)and still rather thin, lining and all.

The Holster carried the Gun very low—Perfect for a low-riding front-crotch carry.

After some use, I noticed that the Holster become VERY molded to the Gun's outline—almost like a cheap Askin's Avenger.

It had "Ears" all around, about a half inch above the rear of the Slide, that I eventually trimmed.

All in all, except for the tendency to draw with the Gun, it wasn't a bad little holster—particularly for something like $10.

Well, my old Monte Carlo Holster has gone down the river of time.

I have a Piece of Suede Leather—O say 14" square. It was a "Skirt" from a Welder's apron and when he discarded it, I fished it out of the trash—maybe 20 years ago.

I have a Leather sewing awl. I am very much limited—fund wise—if I don't have it on hand, then I must needs do without.

I had the thought to try to recreate my old Monte Carlo Holster—except with a belt loop instead of Metal Spring-Clip Retainer.

A.} Even without the lining, my suede is already somewhat thicker than the older holster—but still far floppier.

B.} Should I line my Suede? What sort of fabric?

C.} What sort of Molding would you recommend?

D.} What about strategic reinforcement with small pieces of sheet plastic salvaged from Margarine or Coffee Can Lids?

E.} Does anyone have a good example of the Monte Carlo Inside the Pants Automatic Holster?

I'd just like a good Photo.

I saw a good image on "E" Bay—but It was a Revolver Holster; but More Importantly, I couldn't save a full-sized image—just a tiny thumbnail.

F.} O yeah, the Holster is for a S&W 5906

(And maybe a copy for a Walther PP—if enough Leather remains.)

.....RVM45 :red_bandana::dunno::red_bandana:

Be careful what kind of leather you use. If it id chrome tanned leather it will take the finish off your firearm.