This is a clutch purse I made for my sister-in-law. She wanted hot pink roses with a black background and a little bit of barb wire. So here is what she got.

post-13710-072602800 1329442385_thumb.jppost-13710-008755100 1329442406_thumb.jppost-13710-051249100 1329442423_thumb.jppost-13710-038031000 1329442437_thumb.jp

The black background really makes the pink roses pop out.

Edited by vansam

This is a clutch purse I made for my sister-in-law. She wanted hot pink roses with a black background and a little bit of barb wire. So here is what she got.

Man, that is gorgeous Sam.

post-13710-072602800 1329442385_thumb.jppost-13710-008755100 1329442406_thumb.jppost-13710-051249100 1329442423_thumb.jppost-13710-038031000 1329442437_thumb.jp

The black background really makes the pink roses pop out.

Looks great! Brass is awesome, and of course Double loop is the ONLY WAY TO GO! NICE ONE Vansam!!!!

Did you get a picture of the insides?

Edited by chancey77

Thank you Double C.

Looks great! Brass is awesome, and of course Double loop is the ONLY WAY TO GO! NICE ONE Vansam!!!!

Did you get a picture of the insides?

Thanks Chancey77, I love the double loop stitch too, and I like lacing it on any project I can. I haven't tried the triple loop stitch yet, but i can't wait to try it.

Really really nice job - great detail :)

How on earth do you get the barbed wire stamps to match up so clean - I have some but have not had near the success in practicing to make me want to ever actually use them on a project :0/

Really really nice job - great detail :)

How on earth do you get the barbed wire stamps to match up so clean - I have some but have not had near the success in practicing to make me want to ever actually use them on a project :0/

Thank you very much McJeep. As for the barbwire, I start by determining the dimensions of the border I intend to create. Then on a scrap piece of leather I stamp a few of the barbwire impressions and measure them against the border I will be stamping on my project to see how many will fit, for example in a 4 inch line. I then adjust the border for my project to fit (to the nearest number of barbwire impressions) required to reach from corner to corner. Keep in mind to include the length of the corner barbwire stamps when determining the length of your border, and remeber to slightly overlap each impression as you are stamping. Then I use my stylus and a ruler or straight edge to make a very light line along where I will be stamping my border and just follow the line. This technique works very well with any of the many border stamps.

I hope this helps,

Sam

post-13710-006558700 1329498952_thumb.jp

Yeah, I hear ya - I just never manage to get the overlap smooth enough for my liking so have avoided them :0/ Maybe if I pick up something better than the tandy stamps I'd get cleaner results

Yeah, I hear ya - I just never manage to get the overlap smooth enough for my liking so have avoided them :0/ Maybe if I pick up something better than the tandy stamps I'd get cleaner results

The barbed wire stamps I have are from Tandy. I have looked into some other ones to try out as well.

Sam

Your colors are great!

I agree the black makes them really pop out. Nice purse from top to bottom :banana:

Thank you Double C.

Thanks Chancey77, I love the double loop stitch too, and I like lacing it on any project I can. I haven't tried the triple loop stitch yet, but i can't wait to try it.

The tripple is almost exactly the same...you just start it different the first x is everything, from there it is almost identical. I use it when there is 2 real thick pieces like 9-10 oz going together like on a saddle bag, it spreads wider covering more of the edges.It doesn't leave a gap going from the whole to the edge like the double loop. I am not sure you have reading material for it, but here is a easy one to look at and give it a go on some scrap.

This is the loop link:)

http://www.kingsmerecrafts.com/page97.html'>http://www.kingsmerecrafts.com/page97.html

This is the home Pages The web site is very old(like still one of the first ones), and pretty crappy, but just scroll down o the bottom to a contents drop down box and see what they have on the site..They do have some cool stuff with diagrams that you might enjoy.

http://www.kingsmerecrafts.com/