Sona

New Sword Sheath

And here´s just a new sheath I made some time ago. Sadly I was a little late, so I didn´t get the chance to make some photos. Luckily, the new owner send me some I actually can use ;)

It is lined with loden and formed over a wooden model. The design was a special whish of the customer (including the knot-thing on the upper end).

Hope you like it.

post-43350-0-98371100-1416362005_thumb.jpost-43350-0-03788600-1416362008_thumb.jpost-43350-0-90661800-1416362009_thumb.jpost-43350-0-99562600-1416362011_thumb.jpost-43350-0-80703700-1416362013_thumb.j

Edited by Sona

Very nice indeed

Nice, I like that sheath stitched to it for a smaller knife.

benlilly:
Loden is, like byggins says, a natural material made out of (sheep!) wool. actually there are different kinds of it. With some you could have a shower over an hour without getting wet (a reason why I often prefer traditional or natural stuff over modern ones.... they just work and keep working, besides it might get warm under loden, but you don´t swet ;)

In this case I just like it because the surface allows the sword to slide in and out really gently and easy and it won´t suck any silicon spray of the weapon which is often used on them.

That stitched on knife sheath... right... I thought about modeling it out of the swordsheath itself, but I gues it might have needed one or two times to get it nice, and after it would have ben neccessary to stitch some hard lining on the bac, so the knife won´t hit the sword.... so I decided to use this version.
As to the safety rules for larp, I used 2 medium neodym-magnets to secure the knife a little more so it won´t com out that easily.

Very nice! I like your tooling job. Subtle.

Schoene Schwertscheide....sieht Klasse aus...Gruesse !!

Thanks monica,
I came up with it, because I needed a way to decorate the sheath and the belt quite similar, plus it is less work to draw a tooling pattern by myself. After all I like it and I have used (and will use) the "style" with some changes here and there some more often I think.

Danke Jimbob ;) Bist du "Exil-deutscher", oder sprichst du nur Deutsch, wenn ich fragen darf?

Gruß/Greetings

Beautiful work! I really appreciate the attention to detail you put into this project.

fantastic work

Chris