mmirob

Pfaff 195 Post Bed Machine

Does anyone have one? I just bought one (head only) and trying to set it up. It looks like it may be missing a horizontal bar across the top... not quite sure if mine is a different version. Nonetheless, it would be great to have a manual that showed me some basics, threading, bobbin set up etc. I found a parts manual online but that's all I could find.

Please post some pictures of the machine so we can see what if anything is missing on the machine. Pictures from the back, front, sides and top would be helpful as well as a picture of the brass plate with the model and serial number on it. I have manuals on the machine.

shoepatcher

Does anyone have one? I just bought one (head only) and trying to set it up. It looks like it may be missing a horizontal bar across the top... not quite sure if mine is a different version. Nonetheless, it would be great to have a manual that showed me some basics, threading, bobbin set up etc. I found a parts manual online but that's all I could find.

Please post some pictures of the machine so we can see what if anything is missing on the machine. Pictures from the back, front, sides and top would be helpful as well as a picture of the brass plate with the model and serial number on it. I have manuals on the machine.

shoepatcher

Let me know if there are any additional pics/ close-ups you need. I know I need a bobbin/shuttle cover plate. See also the walking feet. They don't look anything like those in the manual. Perhaps a different use or style?? The top does not show the black bar I see on pics of others. Not sure what it does. I think it has reverse.

Thanks is advance of any help or suggestions, you may have.

Best,

Rob

post-13859-018711400 1329083525_thumb.jp

post-13859-023766000 1329083542_thumb.jp

post-13859-019981500 1329083561_thumb.jp

post-13859-055184400 1329083585_thumb.jp

post-13859-008059200 1329083607_thumb.jp

post-13859-067327000 1329083628_thumb.jp

post-13859-028982400 1329083709_thumb.jp

Hi Rob,

the bar that you are referring to is a leaf spring for the presser foot, not all classes/subclasses has it, your not. The feet’s is a binding foot set, you can buy feet’s for the machine class 1245 and 335. All kinds are available and will fit your machine. I cannot see anything else that is missing (at first sight). That cover plate can cost several hundred $ @ Pfaff. It would not surprise me if it does. Maybe Toledo Bob (sewmun) has one, or something from an other machine will fit, but I doubt it both. Part list is here ; http://www.universalsewing.com/tek9.asp?pg=parts_pfaff

Trox

Hi Rob,

the bar that you are referring to is a leaf spring for the presser foot, not all classes/subclasses has it, your not. The feet's is a binding foot set, you can buy feet's for the machine class 1245 and 335. All kinds are available and will fit your machine. I cannot see anything else that is missing (at first sight). That cover plate can cost several hundred $ @ Pfaff. It would not surprise me if it does. Maybe Toledo Bob (sewmun) has one, or something from an other machine will fit, but I doubt it both. Part list is here ; http://www.universal...?pg=parts_pfaff

Trox

Thanks, I found the cover plate for $55 new from Pfaff. I think a variation of this machine is still made today perhaps with some using same parts. I am hoping that it is a good machine and worth fixing up. Was is a good machine in its day? What is a "binding foot set" Should I get a standard set for general leather work (wallets, portfolios, chaps) lighter stuff mostly. Still hoping to find an owners/operators manual? Threading, maintenance, needle replacement, lube, adjustments.etc

That wasn’t too bad. Yes, that might be the case. You can also use a manual for some of the other Pfaff post bed machine. Most Industrial sewing machine works and operates the same way. It is important to have a part list and if you will service yourself; a service manual. It is not always easy to get those service manuals, sewing machine repairs shops has their own and they see no reason to share them, so they will get fewer jobs. This machine threads the way it is threaded now, and in the same way that most other Industrial machines does. You most have a thread stand that takes thread of the top center of the spool (Important). A binding foot is for binding raw edges on fabric/leather with tape, together with a raw edge binding attachment. (Google it up). Search the forum, every thing you need to know is in here. You will need different feet’s for different jobs, piping feet’s, zipper feet’s, left and right harness feet’s and so on. The standard foot is a Blanket foot set. Wizcraft has a topic about it somewhere; you can also use Google to search the forum if you include leatherworker.net in your search. Good luck

Trox

Thanks, I found the cover plate for $55 new from Pfaff. I think a variation of this machine is still made today perhaps with some using same parts. I am hoping that it is a good machine and worth fixing up. Was is a good machine in its day? What is a "binding foot set" Should I get a standard set for general leather work (wallets, portfolios, chaps) lighter stuff mostly. Still hoping to find an owners/operators manual? Threading, maintenance, needle replacement, lube, adjustments.etc

Rob,

Sorry for getting back to you so late. Pictures were good. As far as parts go, you seem to only be missing the slide plate, part #15508 in the old parts number system. Glad you were able to find the slide plate for $55.00 which is not to bad a price. I have the parts list and operations manual. Email me at shoepatcher@yahoo.com and I will get your phone number and call you. Pfaff made the best post machine of any manufacturer until recently.

shoepatcher

Hi Folks,

I know this is an old thread but I'm looking at buying a rebuilt Pfaff 195 from Germany. Can't find too much info on this particular model but looking at it, it looks like it can fill my needs. I currently own a Consew 206 and a Pfaff 335 so I think the 195 would use the same feet as I have for the 335. Is this machine in roughly the same class as the 335? Will it sew 3/8" with a 138 thread top and bottom? What to use it for bags and light/medium weight leather. If it can handle the same stuff that the 335 can handle then it would fill my needs. Thanks.

Andrew

Andrew Chee,

The 195 should sew at least as heavy as the 335. The 335 feet and the 195 feet are interchangeable. I would like to see a picture of the brass plate to see what the subclass is on the model. That may make a difference, i.e., is it a B, C or D class with D being the heaviest. Does is have 4 motion drop feed or is it the skip feed as they call it which is used in binding? Four motion is better for general sewing. Send any pics that you can get of the machine and model plate.\

glenn