I know these are very simple in design - but I am drawing up the sheath, making the pattern, wetforming, staining, and stitching these myself with only a few months experience. I want to get the simple stuff down before I move on to more difficult stuff.

FiddlebackSheath003-1.jpg

FiddlebackSheath008.jpg

FiddlebackSheath004-1.jpg

FiddlebackSheath005-1.jpg

A close up of the stitching and the edging:

FiddlebackSheath002-1.jpg

Comments always welcome.

TF

Thanks for giving me some insight. I made a knife sheath not long ago for my knife and was looking a various ways to incorporate a dee ring, and there you go. I like the fact that you give two different options as to hanging it on a belt. Some people like it high and some lower. I do have one question though...what are the side loops for?

Frank,

That is for lipstick! ;)

Look at the top picture. A firesteel goes in that loop. When you scrape the backside of the blade on the firesteel a shower of sparks comes off and you can make emergency fire with it.

I make primarily bushcraft style stuff.

TF

Beautiful. I love the "boxed" look, I mean the way the sheath doesn't look like a leather knife. nice photography too by the way.

Cheers,

Andy

I've got 4 knife sheaths in process. Another ready to glue up. I have hooked up with a couple local makers that are just starting out. From what I hear there are 4-5 more waiting when these are done.

I really like how you incorporated the fire steel loop into the welt. In a word, brilliant. I may need that for the one that is ready to glue up, he wants a fire steel loop too and because it's a cross draw with a hanging loop I was running out of real estate on the edges.

Nicely done! Keep up the good work. I like you're philosophy.

Looks like you know what you're doin'. Those look nice and clean. One thing, I think I would've connected the two stitch lines at the top.