montanadreams

Source For Custom 3-D Stamps?

Has anyone had a custom 3-D stamp or die made? I'm not looking for silhouettes, but a raised design of my own artwork. Who makes those? This stamp or die would probably work best with a press or clicker I think.

Thanks,

Olive

I would check with EmbossingDieCompany - that's one of our members here who makes them. There are actually several members here who make stamps, but I think he'll best suit your needs.

Member profile here

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showuser=16724

And his Etsy store

http://www.etsy.com/shop/CustomMadeStuff?ref=seller_info

Jeff Mosby at Grey Ghost Graphics is a master leather worker who also makes stamps...great guy too

Thank you for the replies. I have experimented in the past with zinc plates that were etched in acid, and also with carving linoleum blocks and running them through a roller press like you would use for embossing paper. Not a very crisp result, but it kind of worked. I know Jeff Mosby makes really great makers stamps, I'm looking for a bigger impression like the one I see posted by Embossing Die Company.

Is this die of the deer stamped by use of a clicker or a press? Is there a way to make it more 3-D rather than 2D? Nice job by the way, I like the design.

Hello Olive,

Talk to Ray and Patty Tipton at bunkhousetools.com. They may be able to lend a hand. Another member here, studio-n can also make some items but not aware as to sizes. His name is Nick and very helpful.

God Bless.

Ray

Very happy with the stamp Steve, thanks.

Kevin.

post-19342-0-60754400-1366850978_thumb.j

Hello Olive,

Talk to Ray and Patty Tipton at bunkhousetools.com. They may be able to lend a hand. Another member here, studio-n can also make some items but not aware as to sizes. His name is Nick and very helpful.

God Bless.

Ray

Hello all - the basic stamps are 1.25" on 1.5" disk. I can go smaller. On flat plate I can do up to 1 foot by 2 foot.

Thank you to everyone who has posted a reply.