silverback

Buck Stitch Belt.

Hi,i have built this belt for a mate and am at the final stage but i am a bit worried about the finish as i dont want stain to bleed into the white roo lace.Any ideas welcome.The order of build was 1. case 2 edge 3 stamp 4 light application of neatsfoot 5 air brush dye with waproo raven oil brown 6 slick down the back with 50/50 waproo highshine sealer 7 burnish edge with water/saddle soap and beeswax mix 8 wax the belt and polish 9 cut slits and lace with white roo hide..

Should i just leave as is or what do you suggest to finish?post-27125-0-12573000-1360376845_thumb.jpost-27125-0-15368700-1360376904_thumb.j

Thank in advance

Hmmm....I am no pro by ANY means, but Tandy carries a clear finish in a spray can. I also use their Aussie Conditioner once in a while that finishes clear. I have never used it over any white thread or lacing though. Someone more experianced will see this thread and help ya out. Nice work by the way!

I would airbrush the finish on, you should not get any bleeding doing it that way.

Ok thank you both of you.i may build a small test belt and and try a couple of different methods but i think the airbrush with the waproo highshine sealer may be the way to go.Peter

Another option, and this may be too late, would be to finish the dyed piece before lacing. In that case, the finish would help seal the dye into the surface AND down in the lace holes where any dye might've penetrated further into the leather.