Sign in to follow this  
Noah

Greetings! I'm new here.

Hello.

I'm from Ohio and started doing leather work a few years ago. I have been a silversmith for some time before that. After I got back into horses I decided it'd be easier to be able to repair my own things and it just blossomed from there.

I make dog collars {spike, regular, martingale, etc.}, horse tack, about whatever someone comes up with they want or I need. I recently made a wallet and am on the verge of crafting a few to sell.

Doing all this is how I feed my animals, but all in all it's just fun! I'm thrilled to find this group. I haven't been able to find leather people anywhere.

I look forward to sharing and picking up some tips. I also would like to have a different sewing machine. I saw in one of the posts about someone getting a Neely saddery machine. I too got one and now want to sell it and get something with a walking foot and maybe reverse, but wouldn't have to have. Anyone in Ohio and wanna trade?

Edited by Noah

Greetings and welcomes!

I'm sure you'll be able to find what you need here and a lot of helpful people that'll share their knowledge.

Tom

Thanks Tom. I've been looking around. Can't wait to spend more time here. It's getting abit late so am hittin the sack soon.

Hi, welcome to leather heaven, or at least pretty close to it. Glad to have you with us.

Hi and welcome to the forum, pics are always welcome and feel free to ask any questions im sure with all the great guys and gals we have here some one will be abel to help you out, don

Thankyou Mike & Don.

I just love doing leather work & it's great to find this place. Seems like heaven to me.

Don you're in Germany? I am mostly German and my Grandmother came from Stutgart .

I hope I can find the one main thing I need badly to make my wok really nice. One of the skiving machines, like the landis. I need to be able to split a thick piece {horse bridle, etc.}, add some short-pronger doodads, then glue it back together and sew the sides. Know what I mean? My problem is all the mouths I feed here. I never have enough money to get this. I have collected sewing machines and know how long this can take, to get things on my none budget.

One of my machines is the singer 241-12. I Love it for many things.

Edited by Noah

Noah,

Welcome to the board. It is also nice to have another buckeye here. What part of Ohio are you in?

I'm just outside of Hamilton in Southwestern OH.

Enjoy this site. There is a lot of information here.

Dave

Hello David. Nice to meet you. I'm about 20 miles east of mansfield, not far from wooster. Jeromesville actually but we're out in the country, not in town.

I think you're qiute aways from me. Too bad. I'd love to get some leather talk in person and see your shop.