Sign in to follow this  
grammyd

Setting Up New Craft Room

I am going to redo my craft room, it is a small bedroom and I need to find a way to get better organized. I absolutely love the benches I have seen on here and the tips on making them. Now I need to know what tips anyone can share with me on how you store your transfered patterns to find them easier without damaging them?? I thought maybe getting paper clips or clothes pins and hooking them to a metal clothes hanger and hanging them up on a rod? But wanted to know what ways you have used and found to work best.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Doris

My workshop is nothing spectacular - simply a corner of the garage I get to call my own. But regarding patterns, I store mine in vertical hanging file folders in a clear plastic file box with a locking lid - something my wife picked up for me at Walmart. Once I draw a pattern, I scan it into the computer, save it as a .pdf so I can print it to scale on heavy card stock, then I also save a copy to .jpg and upload it to my personal online (password protected) photo archival site. That way, if my house burns down, at least I can go online and save the photos back to my computer and print new patterns.