Sign in to follow this  
AlD

Introduction

I'm a little late doing this, but I thought since I already asked and received some great help it would be the decent thing to do. I just started playing with leather. Up to now I have been doing chainmaille and fused glass. I am sooooooooo new at this that cutting the leather is still a big task. I guess you guys are gonna be hearing alot of questions from me. I live in NY and it amazes me how few leather resources are in NYC.

Al

Hi Al welcome to the site, Glad to see that you have already recieved some help and i hope that the Leatherworker.net will be abel to help you in the future too, Don

Welcome Home.

Welcome Al. And I thought no resources was a "small town USA" thing. Never imagined you'd have problem finding help or other resorces in a metro area.

Regis

Edited by Regis

:welcome:

Al, better late than never. Thanks for introducing yourself, and feel free to jump in on any topic to ask questions or offer advice.

Best, -Alex

Welcome!

I'm a little late doing this, but I thought since I already asked and received some great help it would be the decent thing to do. I just started playing with leather. Up to now I have been doing chainmaille and fused glass. I am sooooooooo new at this that cutting the leather is still a big task. I guess you guys are gonna be hearing alot of questions from me. I live in NY and it amazes me how few leather resources are in NYC.

Al

Hey Al, welcome to Leatherworker.net; this is really a pretty nice forum, as I'm sure you've found. I'm not sure what type of leather work you're interested in, but here are a couple links to some leather resources in New York; I've only bought from one of them, so I don't really have much experience with them. You (and others) might want to check them out for colorful garment-weight leather. . .

Global Leathers

Leather, Suede, Skins

L'Bum