bmiller

Branding Tool

I am interested in getting a very small custom stamp made with my initals. I have a stamp that is oval with my name, but many of the items I make are just too small for that size of stamp. Any suggestions on who makes such a thing? Thanks

I am interested in getting a very small custom stamp made with my initals. I have a stamp that is oval with my name, but many of the items I make are just too small for that size of stamp. Any suggestions on who makes such a thing? Thanks

When you say "branding tool" do you intend to get it hot and brand the leather? Or are you looking for a maker's mark stamp?

I don't have a stamp yet so I use my wood burning tool with a fine point tip and "sign" my things with that burning my initials or signature into the leather on the back side.

When you say "branding tool" do you intend to get it hot and brand the leather? Or are you looking for a maker's mark stamp?

I don't have a stamp yet so I use my wood burning tool with a fine point tip and "sign" my things with that burning my initials or signature into the leather on the back side.

Thank you Sylvia. I hadn't thought about burning my initials in, but it may be exactly what I do until I get an actual stamp made. I did run across a company yesterday called Columbia Marking Tool in Michigan. They make custom stamps of many sizes, even very small (1/4"). I think I will look into that at some point. Will try the burning tool in the mean time.

Thank you Sylvia. I hadn't thought about burning my initials in, but it may be exactly what I do until I get an actual stamp made. I did run across a company yesterday called Columbia Marking Tool in Michigan. They make custom stamps of many sizes, even very small (1/4"). I think I will look into that at some point. Will try the burning tool in the mean time.

You are welcome! I am glad I could help a bit. While you have the wood burning tool out... try burning a design on some leather... just make sure it's not chrome tanned stuff. You can actually remove material and it ends up looking carved. :) Just char.... then scrape with your modeling tool. repeat if necessary. Katsass, a member here, makes his own brands from coat hangers and he heats them with a torch. If you can bend a wire into a logo shape that might work too.

Another thing you can try is jeweler's stamps, they can come really small. But a set of letters can run you a $50 or so.

If you're interested in a Maker's Mark style stamp (to imprint wet leather, not a hot branding type), I can make that for you. contact me at info@lasergiftcreations.com if interested. thanks, brenda

Hi there,

We provides precised CNC engraved custom stamp with any design of yours. We can accommodate almost any size you desire. Price starts from only $38 within 10cm2 size.

http://www.etsy.com/...ion_id=10477761

And we are fast! We ship within 3-5 days or next working day for rush orders!

You could send us your design (AI vector or high resolution JPG) to calvin@lwleathers.com so we can discuss how we can help!

Cheers,

Calvin

www.lwleathers.com

Custom Stamps - Branding Tools - Heat Embossing

If you only want your initials I would suggest getting a few letters of letterpress print type. Clamp them togeather, heat them in the over to 300 degrees and push them on the damp leather for a half second, done.

Aaron

post-2349-0-94753300-1353551359_thumb.jp

Great idea Aaron!

We also provide alphabet set of any font and size with holder. Perfect for embossing initials using the method you described.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/112742933/customized-alphabet-letter-stamps-for