I have been working on perfecting a tote bag I am happy with, this is very close just not happy with handle still.

post-17204-0-78163100-1412950973_thumb.j

I absolutely love the two tone. It looks nice! Yes, the handle is probably the weak point, but overall, quite nice.

Snazzy, good work!

What a Great bag - in my favorite two colors too.

Looks great! I'm wondering what leather did you use one the handle that has a finished side on both sides?

As far as "working" on the handle, have you thought about rolling the edges over and running a saddle stitch along booth sides? It not only would give a more finished look but the stitching would make it stronger and help prevent stretching.

Looks like a really nice design. I don't think the strap is that bad.

Chris

Thanks for I have done exactly this on the last few and they are looking much nicer, I also made one with a plain undyed veg tanned handle that looked good too.

Looks clean.

When you are turning the edges (Is there an common term, I used turning the edges for different things) how did you get the edges to fold exactly flat like the way you have it? Do you have tape in there, do you have a jig?

I think stitching the strap is the only thing missing. Otherwise, beautiful work.

You may want to experiment with some interfacing to add some structure to the bag. Interfacing comes in a variety of weights, so you can still keep the bag soft and maleable.