DaltonMasterson

My Latest And Best Carving To Date...

I built this holster for a Ruger Bearcat but seeing as I didnt have a Bearcat to pattern, I used my 1849 Colt.

This holster was very hard to give up, but the new owner likes it, so that is what matters.

The belt is an older one I made from buffalo, and is just a picture prop in this case.

What do you think?

DM

post-7450-005267000 1314763214_thumb.jpg

post-7450-022159500 1314763337_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaltonMasterson

Very Nice! Nice tooling! I like the way you used a mule foot

instead of a cam... and I really really like your design on the

upper strap. Wow! No wonder it was hard to let go of, But I bet there

will be many more that are hard to give up

DM,

Stellar work on the piece all together! Your tooling and design were nicely put together. Thanks for sharing...

Duke

Nice job on your stitching and design. Any particular reason you didn't use pear shading in the flower petals? Just curious.

ferg

I built this holster for a Ruger Bearcat but seeing as I didnt have a Bearcat to pattern, I used my 1849 Colt.

This holster was very hard to give up, but the new owner likes it, so that is what matters.

The belt is an older one I made from buffalo, and is just a picture prop in this case.

What do you think?

DM

Absolutely gorgeous, I really like the buffalo belt as well.

Edited by Eaglestroker

Any particular reason you didn't use pear shading in the flower petals? ferg

Nope, no reason other than I probably forgot, and hadn't even noticed it until you mentioned it.

Its easier for me to let it go now that its flawed... ;)

DM

I think this is great work and unique in that you tooled as you saw it at the time you prepared it. I also agree, I like the mulesfoot work around the border. On the corners of your border, I would have used a good size seeder to offset the mulesfoot, but that is the way I would have tooled it. I would still have a hard time letting this one go because it is unique not faulty!

Be proud!

Thanks KingsX. I toyed with the seeder idea, but went for more simplistic in style.

The pic dont show it, but there is a small tip of the mulesfoot stamped at the corners at an angle to take away the abrupt corners. I will play with the seeder on the next one.

DM

Thanks KingsX. I toyed with the seeder idea, but went for more simplistic in style.

The pic dont show it, but there is a small tip of the mulesfoot stamped at the corners at an angle to take away the abrupt corners. I will play with the seeder on the next one.

DM

Like I said, that would have been what I would have done myself. You do what comes to you at the time. It does look really good.