hiloper

Armitas Patterns

I have one I plan to make copy's of in Jan or will that be to later for you? If so let me know and maybe I can get it out sooner.

Mark

use a good pattern for chinks, make two tabs to sew together in the front then make your bib out of a separate piece not traditional but work well and fit nice

I have one I plan to make copy's of in Jan or will that be to later for you? If so let me know and maybe I can get it out sooner.

Mark

Jan. would be good. Let me know what you need for them.

Thanks much.

Just by modifying a pair of chink patterns a bit, you can come up with pretty decent armitas.

Wyndelle

Patterns are done and ready to ship for those at would like some.post-9505-065968500 1324341265_thumb.jpg

Mark

Patterns are done and ready to ship for those at would like some.post-9505-065968500 1324341265_thumb.jpg

Mark

Mark, . . . pardon the ignorance, but what are Armitas used for?

When are they worn?

Are they Show stuff only?

Are they work pieces?

Reason I ask, . . . I have a couple of young girls (9 and 11) that I am going to be making chaps for early in the new year.

It's a charity job basically, . . . long story, . . . but I saw your picture and was totally intrigued, as I have never seen those before.

I had planned on making shotguns for the older girl, . . . batwing for the younger, . . . later the younger one could grow into the shotguns, and the older girl could use the batwings for chinks, . . . (but that's a lot of "down the road" thinking).

Now after seeing those, . . . maybe I just might let them decide. And yes, . . . both are very much "lady like" and enjoy the "Cowgirl" personna.

Thanks, may God bless,

Dwight

Dwight

Armitas are more less a pair of chinks. Chinks I think came from Armitas , they are worn for working or show but were first used in CA buy working stockman on the big ranches. I would make chinks got the girls myself and this is why. I make them long like bat wings more less that way as they grow they will last for years with some miner adjustments. In my DVD that is what I am making for some boys the live up the road. They will grow into them and they should last for 5 to 10 years depending on the boys LOL.

shot guns really don't last kids long and that is why I try and get those that want chaps made for their kids to get chinks or these armitas will work just like the chinks.

Mark

Thanks, Mark, . . .

I appreciate your assistance, . . . am not sure where this will wind up right now, . . . like I told Hidepounder, . . . leather was donated, hdwe too, got plenty of good advice thrown in for good measure.

This whole project is beginning to look like Christmas, . . .

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to your and yours.

May God bless,

Dwight

Mark

Mark,

I just ordered the Armitas' pattern. Your's look real nice and I liked you other work also. I'll keep you in mind if I need other patterns.

Thanks,

Tommy C.